Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-09-2019, 09:20 PM   #1

SUN #5846
ronroyster is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy 1994 T-2070 Thermostat Madness

My son in law helped me withmy camper, but in his haste to remove the thermostat he did not notate where the wires were. There are 2 wires. One red and one white. The thermostat is a Hydro Flame CM60. I could not find anything online with a schematic. On the back of the thermostate there is a R and a W next to the two screws. I read an article that said NOT to assume R is red and W is white. Any suggestions?

ronroyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 05:30 AM   #2

SUN #2366
j52wf is an unknown quantity at this point
If it's a heat only thermostat, I think you can safely assume R is red and W is white. Just my opinion.

Old 10-10-2019, 08:11 AM   #3

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Any household thermostat will work it is nothing more than a single pole switch the colors are standard some t stats had 4 wires with AC units in that case the colors are important but the red and white two makes no difference. The red/white labels are correct.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:24 AM   #4

SUN #5846
ronroyster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainah View Post
Any household thermostat will work it is nothing more than a single pole switch the colors are standard some t stats had 4 wires with AC units in that case the colors are important but the red and white two makes no difference. The red/white labels are correct.
Thanks so much! Wheb I was a teenager, my neighbor rewired his RV and it burned to the ground. I did NOT want to recreate that history!
ronroyster is offline   Reply With Quote