Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-13-2016, 03:38 PM   #1

SUN #8457
jweekley is an unknown quantity at this point
1982 Sunline 16 1/2' FD Electrical Questions

I have decided to begin filming the project of getting this TT roadworthy. I hope you can respond to questions I have and make my journey down the rabbit hole just a little more pleasant! I have posted my short videos on youtube and will link to them.

Old 06-14-2016, 04:29 AM   #2

SUN #1830
Jim-Bev-2363 is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats on your new project. First thing I would do is cover the exposed black and white wires. that looks to be a potential shocker. Maybe wire nuts will help.

I think the battery charger is a common fix for broken converters. If the battery is good this can werk for awhile until you can get a new converter installed or forever if you so choose.

The way to learn your circuits, both 110V and 12V, will be to turn everything on and then turn off breakers and remove fuses one at the time to see what shuts down. that way you know for sure what you have, just in case someone changed something.

if you have roof air conditioning one of the circuit breakers will be for that. The roof air will not run on a drop cord from a house 15Amp circuit. You will need 30Amp or better to run that.

Nice video. We like pictures and videos. Makes it all clear. Have fun with your projects.

Jim-Bev-2363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 05:44 AM   #3

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't see from your pictures but I'm guessing they are tandem breakers. So they most likely are 15-20-30 amp. The 30 will be the main the 20 will be AC and the 15 outlets. Your loose wire was connected to some thing it was removed from the breaker box or the converter because it still has a romex connector on the end the outlets use a different method of wiring. Check your converter and see if it has a romex wire going to it that maybe why it's not charging. The fuses inside of the converter are 12 volt fuses. The only problem I can see if possible damage to your added charger if the converter is back feeding it. Disconnect your battery plug the camper in and see if the interior lights still work if they don't there is a converter issue or the loose wire maybe the wire for the converter. The panel box in the camper is wired as a sub panel it is different than a house hold box for safety reasons, the white wires and the ground wires are not landed on the same buss bar the white wires are landed on an insolated buss bar the ground buss is connected directly to the metal box.