Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Truck Campers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-11-2022, 07:17 PM   #1

SUN #13176
Special K is an unknown quantity at this point
Stabilizer bars

Hello Everyone!

Newbie here! Just picked up a C951 slide-in.. The gentleman didn't have much knowledge on getting it in to my truck for transporting it. Its still at his house and I have an F250 short bed ( 7' ) bed size.. What kind of stabilizer bar do I need and where can I purchase one? I just need to get it back to my place for some TLC. Anyone have some advice/tips?

Thanks in advance!

Old 04-22-2022, 09:27 AM   #2

SUN #12749
alschott is an unknown quantity at this point
My truck (2002 Dakota) came to me with heavy duty stabilizers front and rear. One the road a semi can pass me and I don't rock and roll with the wind. If the trip to get it home is short, the F250 should handle it at lower highway speeds. Check with local spring shops for either beefing up the suspension and adding the bars.

Have your tie down points ready on the truck bed - front and rear of the bed, don't rely on web-type straps.