Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Truck Campers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-22-2020, 11:32 PM   #1

SUN #12017
Dano3500 is an unknown quantity at this point
Camper Identification

I just picked up a C-951. Of course the VIN decal is gone. Is there any way to identify what year it is? Also, were there different 951 models? I've seen references to "Sportsman" and "Runabout." It does have the ladder on the back & some type of a rack on top (just got it yesterday & would've climbed the ladder but it seems sketcky). Can post some more pics, esp. Lmk if there are any particular shots that would help in identifying it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200622_054552.jpg (184.3 KB, 11 views)

Old 06-23-2020, 03:38 PM   #2

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome! That's a great looking camper on your truck! Assuming it has original gray paint and black windows, your camper looks like a 1990 C-951 to me. The 1991s of the same model had new radius corner windows, and 1990 was the first year for the gray exterior. The Runabout and Sportster series' were just trim levels more or less, although they were not a thing in 1990-91. Smaller campers were only Runabouts, but there was some overlap in between. I believe the Sportsters made features standard like a shower, the roof rack and ladder, and perhaps a larger sink and oven that weren't available or optional on a Runabout.

It's quite common for the VIN sticker to go away, they didn't hold up well to elements. I believe there was a piece of paper glued to the inside wall or door of a closet or cabinet that contained weights and loading info, and I think that contained the VIN. Do you have that? Otherwise, a fallback is to remove the couple screws holding down the interior sill plate at the entry door, and there should be a stamped VIN plate screwed to the floor under there.

As for more pictures, a few interior shots (if it's original) and a shot of the rear would be helpful to confirm.

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 07:02 PM   #3

SUN #12017
Dano3500 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan View Post
Welcome! That's a great looking camper on your truck! Assuming it has original gray paint and black windows, your camper looks like a 1990 C-951 to me. The 1991s of the same model had new radius corner windows, and 1990 was the first year for the gray exterior. The Runabout and Sportster series' were just trim levels more or less, although they were not a thing in 1990-91. Smaller campers were only Runabouts, but there was some overlap in between. I believe the Sportsters made features standard like a shower, the roof rack and ladder, and perhaps a larger sink and oven that weren't available or optional on a Runabout.

It's quite common for the VIN sticker to go away, they didn't hold up well to elements. I believe there was a piece of paper glued to the inside wall or door of a closet or cabinet that contained weights and loading info, and I think that contained the VIN. Do you have that? Otherwise, a fallback is to remove the couple screws holding down the interior sill plate at the entry door, and there should be a stamped VIN plate screwed to the floor under there.

As for more pictures, a few interior shots (if it's original) and a shot of the rear would be helpful to confirm.
Thanks for the info! I just picked it up Sunday evening. It'll sit 2" farther forward & 3-½" lower. It has two 2x12's in front & only needs one & 4x4 skids screwed to the bottom but the cabover on this truck has plenty clearance. The truck is a '92 so the camper & truck look like they belong together (I posted in the introduction forum too). I'm pretty happy with it and it seems to be in decent shape. I got it for Free so can't complain - Had no idea what I getting really.

I'll look for the VIN. The interior has been repainted and re-covered but the cabinets, cabinet doors, etc., appliances, & the bathroom are original. The exterior seems like it was originally white but I need to wash it. The stripe and the "P" were added. I noticed the black windows and assume they're original.