Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-18-2015, 11:41 AM   #1

SUN #7881
Ron Jones is an unknown quantity at this point
Waste water tank gauge

Has anyone had trouble with their waste water tank gauges? Mine read full or half full when they are empty. I have a 96 sunline travel trailer. Thanks for the help.

Old 10-18-2015, 06:31 PM   #2

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
That my friend is nothing new! Most people have will at one time or another have a problem.

We just used an internal "sani-flush" system on our Rubicon 2900 - and after a year the tank shows empty!

A good internal cleaning should help!

Try something like on the attached page:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...an%2Caps%2C382

Also, always make sure you use enough water to cover the "stuff" you add to the black tank! Never ever leave the black tank valve open, unless you are dumping!

Many members use a product called "Happy Camper" (I think) to help keep things clean and slippery! We have not...but many swear by it.

Good luck with your clean out - please come back and tell us how you made out!

We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:31 PM   #3

SUN #6579
Relie is an unknown quantity at this point
Gauge

This is a common problem that most of us have and it's not specific to Sunline. Go to the top of the forum page and use the search button to find a bunch of articles. Happy Camping.
Old 10-19-2015, 07:02 PM   #4

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
The only people that don't have that problem are those that don't use their tanks.

No problem with the grey water tank but the black tank only reads empty twice a season, before my first trip and after my last trip.

We just came back from Maine which was our last trip of the season. Before leaving the campground on the last morning I used a wand inserted into the toilet and gave it a good flushing. I have a short clear piece I put on the dump connection and my wife watched until it ran clear.

One word of warning, don't trust that little plastic shutoff valve on the Camco wands. I use a good shutoff on the hose and attach the wand to that. (Don't ask how I learned that. )

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 06:17 PM   #5

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
The sensors are all most worthless, most tanks have 4 so at best they are only 25% accurate that's not real good. The only one I have ever seen that are worth a hoot are SeeLevel's but I think the minimum tank height is 6". I judge mine starting with a full tank of fresh water and empty tanks.
Old 10-21-2015, 01:38 PM   #6

SUN #597
henryj
The sensors in our old Sunline were actually more reliable than the ones in the new tt. I did have to re-wire some on the Sunline as the flimsy 22 gauge wire was corroded off the end of the sensor or even just fatigued from bouncing on the road. We towed that tt about 50,000 mi. The sensors are really easy to locate from underneath. I'd look for loose wires and after that forget it. Some people swear by the Geo Method, although I have not tried it.

Henry
henryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 03:27 PM   #7

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldn't put chlorine in the black tank or any other chemical that will kill off bacteria. Another trick is ice cubes, a bag or two and some water in the tanks and go for a ride. TP on a sensor will stop it from working the ice should knock it off and help clean the tank.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:08 PM   #8

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post

One word of warning, don't trust that little plastic shutoff valve on the Camco wands. I use a good shutoff on the hose and attach the wand to that. (Don't ask how I learned that. )
I second the good all metal shutoff before the Camco wand. In my case, the shut off before the wand had a pot metal body with a plastic valve stem. Well... that plastic steam broke loose and water went flying everywhere .... Now I have an all brass, stem and body shut off on it.

However I have installed tank sprayers too and really do not use the wand any more. I also use the Happy Camper tank treatment.

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote