Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-22-2007, 07:14 PM   #1

SUN #287
nickster60
Traveling with Pets in the Summer

We would like to take cat with us on some of our adventures. He is pretty large and would take quite a bit of place in the truck. I also take up alot of space. Is there a way to transport him in the trailer? I am worried about the heat in there.

nickster60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 08:02 PM   #2

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Nick,

I wouldn't recommend letting the cat ride in the trailer.

We take our cat and dog with us camping. In fact we took them both on a 5 week, 6,500 mile trip. Cat’s topping the scales at 20 lbs, dog’s about 75 lbs. So I guess I can say we have a large cat too.

I would NOT recommend letting the cat ride in the trailer. That’s from experience. Once we forget to put the cat in the tow vehicle . We didn’t realize it until we were on the road. Stopped at the first rest area to get the cat. Well to say the least, the cat was not in the best of shape when we went to get him, he looked like this and I won’t mention the other stuff. This was only after about 10 miles.
Moral of the story (and lesson learned); Don’t leave the cat in the trailer.

Typically, the cat settles down and rides on the DW’s lap. We had a conversion van during our long trip so there was more room. Now we have a truck (CC), but the kids aren’t going with us any more, so the dog and cat take over the back seat.

Hutch

Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 04:05 PM   #3

SUN #296
RPierce
Here is a pet related story I thought I would share with the group.

Last summer while we were at Letchworth State park and my wife was out walking our loop one night. As she went by one of the sites a real freindly cat came out to greet her and she stoppped to pet it. She got talking to the owners and it seems the cat was a stow-away. They figure the cat got into the trailer while they were packing. They had a pop-up style camper and as they were raising it up they kept hearing a meow. When they opened door there was cat. I forget exactly where they were from but it was a 6 hr or more drive for them. Cat was ok and they were off to walmart for a litter box and cat food.

1994 Sunline Solaris T2670
2002 2500HD Chev D-max

https://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1...gely005pm5.jpg
RPierce is offline   Reply With Quote