Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-26-2009, 02:10 PM   #41

SUN #307
purplesuebug
I was just asking Jon the very same question at Buttonwood. Seems a lot of info on the Sunspot has been lost. I think (don't quote me) during a fire at the factory. The prior owners of my Sunspot had some letters from Sunline and one was asking for photos of there's for use in literature. Jon..........I still owe you copies of those letters.

Gaelen, one question I have for you...............Does your battery charge while hooked to shore power. My battery does not seem to charge while hooked to electricity or my tow vehicle. The converter looks mighty small to incorporate a charger. Thanks.......................

purplesuebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:14 PM   #42

SUN #311
Gaelen
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplesuebug
I was just asking Jon the very same question at Buttonwood. Seems a lot of info on the Sunspot has been lost. I think (don't quote me) during a fire at the factory.
I know they were only produced for four, maybe five years (at least they are only in the brochures from '78 to '82.) Somewhere (don't ask me where) I heard a production number like 15, but I don't remember if that was total production or total per production year.

Quote:
Gaelen, one question I have for you...............Does your battery charge while hooked to shore power. My battery does not seem to charge while hooked to electricity or my tow vehicle. The converter looks mighty small to incorporate a charger. Thanks.......................
ah, the battery.
One of the casualties of the water tank leak in my SunSpot was the wiring by the 12v system. All of the fixtures are still in place, and I have a battery in a vintage '80s L'il Oscar 6pack cooler...but alas, my unit is powerless. I need to do a complete re-wire. It was planned to be last year's project, but since I was on chemo for most of last year, that hasn't happened yet. Now, I'm having too much fun getting it out and camping to take it off the road for a re-wire...wo that project will be waiting for this winter. Meanwhile, I work off of battery-powered LED lights inside and in the galley roof, solar powered lanterns that charge all day, and if I get an electric site, I have an extension cord and a power strip. I'd ultimately like to create a charging system for the newly re-wired SunSpot that can use solar panels or shore power to recharge. For now, I'm roughing it.

my Life Out Loud blog
Gaelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:06 PM   #43

SUN #307
purplesuebug
Jon..................I found it!!! I did take a picture of the frame number before I replaced the coupler. Here it is

purplesuebug is offline   Reply With Quote