Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 12-04-2020, 04:41 AM   #1

SUN #11971
tlanders1970 is an unknown quantity at this point
New Owner Question

Hello,

I am a new owner of a 1995 Sunline Coach CO T-2053 solaris 21’ , i have never owned a travel trailer so i need some help getting me use to the workings of the trailer. Do you know if there is a service that i might be able to use that can give me a walk through of the trailer? Does Camping World do this or would a KOA campground help?

thanks,
Todd

Old 12-04-2020, 06:33 AM   #2

SUN #2943
Tod Osier is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm sure other will have ideas, but I'm sure you could pay a tech at an rv place or campground to spend a couple hours after work some day. Better yet, is just picking through the systems and asking questions. There is a lot there between the AC and DC sides of the electricity, water, gas, but anyone who wants to learn can.

How familiar are you with the workings of stuff? Do you do any of your own home or automotive repairs?

2006 Sunline T-1950
2019 Ford F-250
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tod Osier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 09:41 PM   #3

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Todd,

Congrats on your new Sunny!

Tod's post above is great advice. We can also help too. Just pick a topic you need help with after poking around on it and ask. Pics really help too so we can see what you have, as sometimes a prior owner changes something or we do not know exactly what Sunline put in your model.

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 05:04 AM   #4

SUN #11971
tlanders1970 is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks to the both of you i didn't think about posting photos. One question i do have currently its winterized what do i do when i am ready to use it next spring just run the water? ive seen videos bow to winterize but none that show how to UN-winterize. How do you get the antifreeze out of the line?

I have seen some post that some people cover their trailer during the winter which i have done do you recommend covering it?

As you can tell i am not the most mechanical person.
Old 12-08-2020, 10:47 AM   #5

SUN #89
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlanders1970 View Post

I have seen some post that some people cover their trailer during the winter which i have done do you recommend covering it?
This post and the links in the posting can help on camper covers. It is a common question. https://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f...ion-19960.html

Yes, keeping a camper under cover during the off camping season is a good thing to do. Having the camper inside a building is best, but partial car port type structure helps too. And an actual breathable cover that you put over the camper, is helpful in preventing water infections over the winter.

The way campers are built and the way they can leak water in, is very different then a home. Just because you do not see signs of leaks in the living space of a camper, does not mean the camper is not being water infected. Water can seep into the ceilings, walls and run down into the floor system and never show any signs inside the living space. That said, but the time the leak can get bad enough to see it in the living space, the leak may have started several years before. Point: If you plan on keeping the camper a good long time, cover it when stored outside. Also read up on how tp spot how campers can leak and how to prevent leaks.

Old 12-08-2020, 11:16 AM   #6

SUN #89
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlanders1970 View Post
thanks to the both of you i didn't think about posting photos. One question i do have currently its winterized what do i do when i am ready to use it next spring just run the water? ive seen videos bow to winterize but none that show how to UN-winterize. How do you get the antifreeze out of the line?
When you De-winterize the fresh water system, suggest you do these things:

1. Water Heater startup. Before adding water to the main camper water system, you should do a separate flush of the water heater with a clean water through a spray nozzle/wand setup to rinse out left over dried up sediment in the bottom of the water heater.

Here is one type of flushing wand. https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Rinser-.../dp/B002XL2IBS

Flushing my heater

2. Sanitizing the fresh water system. This step both flushes and sanitizes the water system which should be done at the start of camping season or anytime starting to use the camper after very long (~ 3 months or more) of non use times.

To start the sanitize when the camper has been RV antifreeze winterized, I suggest you start with gravity draining all the antifreeze you can. This helps get as much of the antifreeze out before you start flushing.

Find the hot and cold low point drains in your fresh water system. They are normally inside a bottom cabinet or under the bed or sofa pending the floor plan. Open all low point drains. Open all faucets to break the vacuum in the water lines and allow air to get in to the antifreeze can drain out. Put a bucket under the low point drains to collect antifreeze if you have concerns of it going on the ground in that spot.

Check and make sure the water heater drain plug is out and open the drain on the fresh water tank.

When the draining stops, close all faucets and low point drains, fresh tank drain and install the water heater drain plug. Make sure the water heater bypass valve ('s) used in winterizing are in the normal operating position (not bypassed).

Proceed with sanitizing the system with a unscented chlorine bleach shock treatment mixed with fresh clean water. See PDF page 10, item 6 on how to sanitize the camper.

https://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/d...do=file&id=375

That link is from our FILES section and the Sunline owners manual that would work with your camper. Look here when logged in on how to get to the files section for lots of other good info. Look for the FILES, tab on the top of the forum. Click it.

Hope this helps

John