Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-29-2009, 07:10 AM   #1

SUN #501
grannytosix
Leaky pipes

Hi there,
I have finally discovered where my water leaks have been coming from in my '95 Solaris. Apparently some of the connections to the water tank are just a tiny bit too short and have been pulling away from the connectors so I am told by the husbands of some camp friends, also it appears most of the water damage is under and around the hot water tank area. It seems easy enough even for me to buy new pipes and just reconnect them. My problem is I have been told I need to flush out all the water first, great idea but no one has been able to tell me how to do it. I need to get this problem fixed asap as the campground closes Oct 1st. and I need to have the trailer winterized also. I did call the closest trailer repair place but just to have them make an on site call (you pay for mileage to and from the campground), a service charge for one hour work and the starting price is $165 C and if the work takes longer than an hour who knows how much it would cost for this grandma.
If someone could tell me the steps for flushing out all the water it would be really appreciated as I could then try to solve this problem myself. At least I could give it a good try!
Thanks once again for all the good advice I receive from this site.
Sharon

Old 08-29-2009, 09:14 AM   #2

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
Go to the Files section and click on Sunline Guides and Tips. You will find a winterizing guide there that has complete info on purging the water system so you can do your repairs.

It's also a complete winterizing guide so you should be able to do this yourself. It's really an easy job.

Also, you might want to search on "winterizing" (without the quotes) in the Repairs and Maintenance section. There are many good posts about winterizing tips and tricks there.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:06 AM   #3

SUN #501
grannytosix
Thank you! I am busy searching and printing all the information I can find.
Sharon