Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-16-2021, 08:19 AM   #1

SUN #10153
Aariel is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Hot Water Heater Suddenly Not Working!

Hi, all. I have a 1997 Sunline Solaris model T-2653. The hot water heater is not heating the water. Normally, when I turn the button on for hot water, it lights up red, then goes off. It stays on red when something is wrong. Today, it stayed on red; I was sure the propane tank must be empty (been using it continuously) and switched tanks. When I first pushed the button, the red light came on and went off as usual. But after a bit, the red light came back on and it is not working.

Do you have any suggestions for things I could do to try to identify the problem?

Thank you so much for help.

Old 08-16-2021, 10:27 AM   #2

SUN #10153
Aariel is an unknown quantity at this point
Just to add: I believe there is no propane problem and maybe no electrical problem. Maybe the pilot lighter burned out? How do I get another one for an old Solaris? The stove burners work OK. When I turned the hot water button to "On" inside the camper and tried to light the pilot inside the pipe, the gas whooshed out. Fortunately nothing got hurt! When I turned the hot water button inside the camper to off and again applied the flame to the pilot pipe, nothing happened. Also when I turn the button on, I do hear clicking.

Old 08-16-2021, 01:36 PM   #3

SUN #3038
johnmanna is an unknown quantity at this point
there is a on off switch on the top of the hot water heater its self mine is inside the compartment behind the toilet

Tags
hot water, hot water tank, propane