Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-17-2008, 05:56 PM   #1

SUN #632
JTHogan
Here come the questions..1986 Satelite

Ok guys,
I just bought my first camper. I received the unit with some damage. The air conditioner hood was cracked, and so was the refrig. ventilation cover. Can someone please tell me whats involved in replacing these covers. Any pics or info would be a great help.
John

Old 06-17-2008, 08:35 PM   #2

SUN #549
frank
Re: Here come the questions..1986 Satelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTHogan
Ok guys,
I just bought my first camper. I received the unit with some damage. The air conditioner hood was cracked, and so was the refrig. ventilation cover. Can someone please tell me whats involved in replacing these covers. Any pics or info would be a great help.
John
The plastic air conditioner shroud is typically attached with some screws. That's the good news, the bad news is that piece of plastic will run you about $130. I need one myself.

On the fridge, if it's a Dometic, the vent cap is actually two pieces. Other brands are probably similar, but I haven't worked on any. The topmost piece runs about $10 and is attached with nothing more than 4 vertical screws. The base piece is attached with about 20 screws and must be sealed to the roof. Typically you will find a bunch of dicor sealant on the edge and over the screw holes in addition to a layer of putty tape between the base piece and the rubber roof. One of the guys on here did an excellent write-up on replacing roof vents, complete with pictures and tips. All those tips will apply quite nicely to the base piece should you need to replace that.

- Frank