Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-18-2018, 12:43 PM   #1

SUN #10618
acarper is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Help in Identifying correct Model

hi! We recently purchased a "work in progress" Sunline camper. Everything is in fairly great shape inside other than a few minor cosmetic issues and everything thus far works with a few minor exceptions, it mostly needs some major cosmetic attention to make it "pretty" again (previous owner allowed her grandkids to spray paint the outside of it and they broke the door)! The problem is, we honestly don't know what model it is. Here in Virginia, the title we received doesn't have that information, and I can't seem to find it anywhere inside the camper. I can tell you that it's a 1982 model or that's what we were told, and that depending on how you measure it, it's either 15' including the tongue, or 12' without (just the camper structure). I've researched online images trying to find one that matches it, but have had no luck. I can find several the same size and same structure, but none match the actual layout of the camper. The one we purchased has a small square single window on the rear right side, a vent for the stove is to the upper right of it towards the door, then there is another larger vent with the nightlite in between it and the outside door to the electrical connection plug in and refrigerator cooling system, then the door, then a larger window which would be over the bed inside that has one larger panel to the left with a single square window directly beside it so that it appears as one large window. All of the ones I am finding have either a double window to the rear on that side or double windows. I have found absolutely none with the single square window like this one has......any ideas? I have attached a picture.

Any help you guys can offer would be appreciated! So far, we know we need a replacement outside door, nightlight or lens for the bulb, an awning.....and we're going to repaint it, but until I can find out what we have, it's making it hard to research for parts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ugly camper.jpg (81.4 KB, 14 views)

Old 06-18-2018, 03:09 PM   #2

SUN #8237
johnnybgood is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome,
There’s a row of tabs along the top of the home page. Click on the one called Files, then click on Brochures. You should be able to find it there. Let us know.

Old 06-18-2018, 04:18 PM   #3

SUN #8893
Thomascine is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello and welcome Acarper. Congrats on your Sunny!

Looking at the brochure and the location of your vents, if you are sure you have a 1982 I am guessing you have the 14 1/2 RK. The frig and stove are on the door side on that model and from your pics that looks like where they are on yours. Sunline Fan will be able to tell you for sure.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:12 PM   #4

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Tommie is right, 1982 14 1/2' RK. With an interesting camo paint job lol. The floorplan is pretty uncommon, so you probably won't find another searching.

Chances are you'll be better off rebuilding your existing door, with new FRP panel skin. It would be hard to find a door of that size new these days. There's not much to them anyway.

For the grab handle lens, it looks like you have a newer Bargman lighted door handle. These are no longer available whole, but you can find the lens still: https://www.amazon.com/74-32-030-Bar.../dp/B004R35HEA

A lot of the plastic parts are available new still. Post a picture of what you are looking for and we can probably link you to it.
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 08:51 AM   #5

SUN #10618
Yes, you guys are correct, that is the camper we have. Sunline Fan, you mentioned a door skin. Would you have any information or be able to tell me where I might find one of those? Thank you so much for all of your help!
Old 06-28-2018, 09:19 AM   #6

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by acarper View Post
Yes, you guys are correct, that is the camper we have. Sunline Fan, you mentioned a door skin. Would you have any information or be able to tell me where I might find one of those? Thank you so much for all of your help!
Yep, that material is called FRP panel, Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic. Big box home improvement stores like Home Depot carry it in a 4x8 sheet!

It will be bright white, so you may want to paint it more of an off white color to match the trailer, but you don't have to.

You'll notice this same panel is used in car wash bays and sometimes in parts of commercial kitchens and bathrooms.
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 12:08 PM   #7

SUN #10618
Great! thank you so much!

Tags
awning, door, model?, outside light lens, parts