Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-14-2015, 07:11 PM   #1

SUN #7686
wvcurhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
flooring

Has anyone ever use the floating laminate flooring in their camper before? Pro's Con's...???? God bless.

Old 08-14-2015, 07:48 PM   #2

SUN #7156
Aardvarkjff is an unknown quantity at this point
I just finished putting in a vinyl flooring in mine that is a snap-lock plank type that is just like laminate, just a bit more flexible, waterproof, and went right over the old floor. I really like the new look that it gave my unit. It is a good do-it yourself project and you will get real good at working with radius corners. I have an album here I just posted to show the impact a new floor can make. Good luck.

Old 08-15-2015, 06:26 AM   #3

SUN #7686
Ok, Thanks for the reply. I have some of that floating snap together stuff you put in your house left over and wanted to put in my trailer, I will check out the album. Thanks
Old 08-15-2015, 07:23 AM   #4

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
I put a "floating floor in my old MH and ended up taking it out. It just moved too much even with a very thin Styrofoam pad underneath.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:05 AM   #5

SUN #7686
Oh, wow. I don't like for it to move around. What if I used some brad nails to maybe hold it down? Or do you think that would be to jakey??
Old 08-15-2015, 04:05 PM   #6

SUN #2097
I don't know I decided to try it after removing the old carpet and ended up replacing the floor with carpet once again. It may just be the narrow size of my old small MH but it did move around a lot and was cold maybe flat on the floor would be OK. The way I figure carpet its warm it's quiet it feels good on my feet that's not some thing I can say about hardwood or linoleum. It's not for a family with kids at the beach but for me it's fine.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:40 AM   #7

SUN #7686
Well I was thinking the floating floor because we are taking it to the river for fly fishing and the mountains of Wv are full of red clay mud. Also, we plan to competition hunt from it too, and I figured that we will be in and out with muddy boots on, so was just thinking the floating floor would be easier to keep clean. I don't want it to move and I don't want to put linoleum down.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:52 AM   #8

SUN #64
MACK C-85 is an unknown quantity at this point
We put laminate down in our 276-SR after the vinyl shrunk very badly when it was removed to do some floor repairs. We love it. Full disclosure - It is a square pattern very similar to the vinyl, 1'x3' pieces.

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Club Cab 4x4 CTD
2007 Sunline Solaris T-276-SR: Misty Blue/Cherry
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4x4 OFF-ROAD
MACK C-85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:51 PM   #9

SUN #2097
A lot of that floating flooring does not like to be wet that maybe an issue with mud and water. In my case after all the carpet work no shoes allowed inside!
Old 08-19-2015, 07:28 PM   #10

SUN #7156
Aardvarkjff is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree, but in my case, I used a waterproof vinyl tile. My tile has a rubbery feeling to the back and does not slide around (I also have it bolted down by the dining table and tacked by the door threshold). My son is great about leaving his shoes outside. Problem is he is barefoot much of the time out there...
Old 08-21-2015, 07:10 AM   #11

SUN #7686
Thanks everyone for all the advice. It's great to be able to come on here and hear it all. I'm glad I found this forum. Again thank you all for your help. I'm going to think a little more on my flooring, shoot I have a lot of other work that I need to worry about before my floor. HAHA! Yall have a blessed day.
Old 12-14-2015, 03:40 PM   #12

SUN #4081
Photokit is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm thinking I'll sand the current linoleum a bit, trim the curly edges where the staples hold it down, install vinyl tile (not square) and run a cool trim all around. I am usually in the sw where it's dry, but plan a visit to the NW soon. Will buy a small entry rug. Photos of the in progress are in my album. I like to make art at my dinette but also want to set up a reading nook with a reclining chair (any suggestions?) small space, big ideas. T1850.