Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-28-2007, 01:00 AM   #1

SUN #328
bugbite
Convinced

We are getting a 1950 new or used.

Cool Runnings Silent and Swift
bugbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:39 AM   #2

SUN #329
GreenWillow
Hi BB!!
So you have decided??? I am trying to see if DH will consider a Sunline non-slide but it will be a pretty good drive to even look at one (leaving Sagon RV out of the picture) unless Riceville has something we would be interested in
I am curious, what was the deciding factor that ended up convincing you?? How did you convince the DH??

Old 06-28-2007, 11:14 AM   #3

SUN #328
bugbite
HEY Green! Bulldog Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWillow
Hi BB!!
So you have decided??? I am trying to see if DH will consider a Sunline non-slide but it will be a pretty good drive to even look at one (leaving Sagon RV out of the picture) unless Riceville has something we would be interested in
I am curious, what was the deciding factor that ended up convincing you?? How did you convince the DH??
Nice to hear from you! A friendly "face."

We simply must meet. Ever camp in the Smokies or Stone Mountain?

I just told him this morning if he expected me to chip in my 1/2 we must buy a Sunline 1950. New (not going to happen, no doubt that one in PA will be gone and no trip here planned (sigh)

Didn't win that round.

So it looks like a cherry used under 14K which is what the Fretz is going for brand new up North. Mr. 'Warranty shot himself on that one.

Grab it and growl the 1950 in Yankeeland before it gets gone. Maybe have your teens be friendly on the couch or anyone that complains can sleep on the floor LOL!

When the DH can't stand himself we will go to Riceville at least to see what they have.

I think that would be wise having never seen a Sunline inside. Riceville country lady has larger Sunlines. But unless one has a diesel 3/4 Ton TV those are out... maybe she'll get the used 1950 in and we can deal when the DH says go.

We have one very reputable dealer in Clinton, TN. I think I told you about them. A native Knoxvillian on RV Forum told me about them.

Never know... the future is uncertain but ever so bright for the patient and positive!

PM me if you like box as always open to friends.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:19 AM   #4

SUN #196
tinybluetj
If you are sold on the one in PA, you can send them a deposit to hold it until you get there, I bet. That is what we did!
Old 06-30-2007, 06:43 AM   #5

SUN #254
Galaxiedriver
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinybluetj
If you are sold on the one in PA, you can send them a deposit to hold it until you get there, I bet. That is what we did!
We did likewise. Found our perfect new T 276SR in Palmyra, Pa. sent them a deposit, then a few weeks later drove from Missouri to Pa. to bring it home. There was a similar one in Kansas but the one in Pa. had more features and the front stone guard for a lower price.

We are now going to build a garage to keep it in. We plan on this one lasting a long long time and didn't want it out in the elements all year so we decided to build it a house. I got the building permit yesterday and next week the dozers should be here and about three weeks later the TT should have a nice 36 x 48 metal building home. The 12 x 12 doors will make it easy to back the TT in without hitting anything.
www.62ford.com/registry

Galaxiedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:01 AM   #6

SUN #328
bugbite
I wish... I dream...

Sounds good to me on the deposit. but... I am not exactly married to Mr. Spontaneous. I would go for it in a heartbeat if it were me... however...

>>We are now going to build a garage to keep it in. We plan on this one lasting a long long time and didn't want it out in the elements all year so we decided to build it a house. I got the building permit yesterday and next week the dozers should be here and about three weeks later the TT should have a nice 36 x 48 metal building home. The 12 x 12 doors will make it easy to back the TT in without hitting anything.<<

That is what we would like to do build the new baby a new tall garage to keep it out of the elements too. We all know that rubber does dry rot and ultraviolet can damage it. As I joke... I want this puppy to last until I croak ('bout 15 yrs Lord Willing) if he hasn't croaked first (double Lord willing praying) I want to be cremated in it LOL! Sorry DH's humor creeping in thru osmosis...

I don't want to put a handy dandy garage on this subdivision lot. I would rather live in a little shack in Townsend in the mountains with 5 acres w/ a gigantic shop and garage. I am so sick of subdivison life I could puke. Anyone else OTD feel the same? I swear I want a house in the woods w/ some tillable acres and a margin so we don't have to see any neighbors if we don't wanna'

BOY have I become a real anti-social old fart! I am my grandmother!

BB
Old 06-30-2007, 10:15 AM   #7

SUN #196
tinybluetj
Send the deposit in yourself. Then, he has to say yes!

(worked for me!)