Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-22-2009, 07:36 PM   #1

SUN #945
Diesel Pusher
Broken window hinges

Hi everyone, I have a 1992 Saturn T1550 and have been looking for parts for it. I stumbled across this forum and i'm glad I did. I live in Toronto, Ontario and it seems no one sells or services Sunline trailers in this area anymore, at least I can't find anyone. I even went to the dealer that originally sold it and they are no longer selling trailers, they just offer storage. So I hope someone in this club can help me.
One of my rear side windows (On the awning side) has broken hinges and I can't find replacement hinges anywhere. Does anyone have a web site where I can find these parts? I need all 4 hinges.
Thanks, and again, I'm so glad I found this site!
GD

Old 09-22-2009, 08:25 PM   #2

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Broken window hinges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Pusher
Hi everyone, I have a 1992 Saturn T1550 and have been looking for parts for it. I stumbled across this forum and i'm glad I did. I live in Toronto, Ontario and it seems no one sells or services Sunline trailers in this area anymore, at least I can't find anyone. I even went to the dealer that originally sold it and they are no longer selling trailers, they just offer storage. So I hope someone in this club can help me.
One of my rear side windows (On the awning side) has broken hinges and I can't find replacement hinges anywhere. Does anyone have a web site where I can find these parts? I need all 4 hinges.
Thanks, and again, I'm so glad I found this site!
GD
The windows in Sunlines are standard RV windows. The same ones are used on most other brands.

Is there a sticker or label of some kind that gives the window manufacturer's name? I can tell you that Sunline used Hehr windows on my '99. If your windows have radiused corners, they may well be Hehr, too. If they are square corners, most older TT's used all the same ones.

I would suggest that you take a picture of the window and post it here. Someone may recognize the manufacturer.

You could also take the picture and whatever parts you may have removed from it and go to an RV dealer that has a decent parts and service department. I suspect they can identify and get the parts for you. They may even have them in stock.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:36 PM   #3

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
There is an online catalog of RV parts and accessories that is used by most RV dealers in the US and Canada.

http://www.go-rv.com

Select your Province and then look at some of the towns near Toronto. Click on a dealer link and it'll take you to the catalog. I searched on window hinges and found them right away. I am certain that one of the RV dealers is close to you and can help you with window parts.

Helpful hint: Don't think Sunline windows - think RV windows when you talk to the person at the parts counter. Most brands of RV's use all the same windows and doors and stoves and water heaters, etc.

I looked at the '92 brochure and it looks like the Saturns still had the rectangular windows for that model year. If you go to page 183 of the go-rv.com online catalog, in the lower right hand corner are several different window hinges. I bet one of them matches what you need.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:30 PM   #4

SUN #945
Diesel Pusher
Thanks for the info and web site. My windows are Hehr square windows but I couldn't find anything on Hehr's web site. I'll try the one you posted, thanks GD.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:48 PM   #5

SUN #43
Trailblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
First let me Welcome you to the forum. Although I am not sure where to get the parts, I can tell you that I live in Mississauga, and that when necessary, I use MobilLife if Kitchener to service my trailer as they use to be a Sunline dealer. My dealer also went out of business and I found MobilLife more than willing to do service on my unit even thought I did not buy it from them.

If you don't mind me asking, who was your dealer?
2003 F311SR
2005 T-2753
Trailblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:08 PM   #6

SUN #549
frank
Could you post a picture of the broken hinge? I have a book here I can look through.

- Frank