Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-22-2020, 03:14 PM   #1

SUN #12263
Lbetter1206 is an unknown quantity at this point
Battery

John sorry here is the picture of the area where it looks like the battery used to be..

Also wondering, in the second picture which is our hot water heater, if that blue and silver knob is the bypass valve? I found something also inside the camper underneath the sink in the bathroom where there are two water lines both white that end in a dead end valve cut off. Don’t have a picture of that but will post later. I’m finding that I still cannot find out to shut off the bypass valve for when it comes time to winterize the camper. And was also wondering if I run the antifreeze solely off the battery as told to me by a friend who also owns a Sunline?

Thanks so much!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2DBC08B5-544F-4E67-A713-17E76800FD1F.jpg (114.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg BFCF43F2-364A-45E6-AFD4-F2FC86112523.jpg (124.9 KB, 10 views)

Old 09-22-2020, 03:33 PM   #2

SUN #527
ScottK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbetter1206 View Post

Also wondering, in the second picture which is our hot water heater, if that blue and silver knob is the bypass valve? I found something also inside the camper underneath the sink in the bathroom where there are two water lines both white that end in a dead end valve cut off. Don’t have a picture of that but will post later.
Blue and silver lever is the pressure release safety valve. It just protects the hot water heater from expansion.

The two lines under the bathroom sink are your low point drains. They will help you bleed the water system. If you look under your camper you will see the two hoses sticking down.

Quote:
John sorry here is the picture of the area where it looks like the battery used to be..
Correct.

Quote:
I’m finding that I still cannot find out to shut off the bypass valve for when it comes time to winterize the camper. And was also wondering if I run the antifreeze solely off the battery as told to me by a friend who also owns a Sunline?

Thanks so much!
The bypass valves are behind the hot water heater. They can sometimes be hard to spot but, not hard if you know what to look for. Here's a picture with the 2 valves you seek. The levers will only turn 90 degrees to by pass (quarter turn).

2020 Forest River - No Boundaries 19.8
2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax (sold 7/21)
2021 Ford F-250 CrewCab
ScottK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:25 PM   #3

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
To add to what Scott posted

See this pic of the back of the water heater. This is the on valve water heater bypass system Sunline used on many of the camper. Scott’s is the 2 valve system.

Trapped water elbow , on Flickr

The bottom valve on your water heater is the bypass valve, assuming yours only has the one bottom valve. The lever on the valve handle is horizontal for normal flow, you flip it vertical to bypass the water heater. This valve is inside the camper at the back of the water heater.

Since this will be your first winterizing, let us know the procedure you are thinking of using so we can confirm you have all the needs covered. If you need help just ask.

Also not sure exactly what you are stating here with this sentence

Quote:
And was also wondering if I run the antifreeze solely off the battery as told to me by a friend who also owns a Sunline?
. I think you may mean, do you run the water pump off the battery to pump in the RV pink antifreeze? If that is what you meant, you can run the water pump off the battery or the onboard power converter. Either way the pump will run.

That said, not all Sunlines have the winterizing kit at the water pump. Some have added it, others just unscrew the pump suction line off the pump, screw a suction hose on with one end in the jug of pink antifreeze and then screw the other end on the pump. Take a pic of your water pump and post and we can tell what you have. You really do not want to fill the fresh tank with the antifreeze and draw it in to into the camper that way.

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:40 PM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
On the battery tray area, yes that is where the battery goes. On some of the larger slide campers, Sunline provided space for 2 batteries in case you wanted to go camping off grid (boondocking). That would give more power to handle the slide motor.

If you are only planning on camping where you have shore power, at least for right now, then one battery will get you by. You can add the second in the future if you go boondocking.

You need to have at least one battery to run the emergency brakes on the camper when towing. And a power tongue jack if you have one.

Make sure the bare wire end of the red (positive +) wire never touches the bare wire end of the white (negative -) wire or the camper frame or siding. The red wire is hot with 12 volt power when the power converter is on. If it has touched in the past with the converter on, then is may have blown the battery charging fuse in the camper. When you put the new battery in, leave the camper unplugged from shore power. Then go inside and turn on a light. If the lights do not work with a new battery hooked up, odds are high that charge fuse is blown or the self resetting circuit breaker is bad. Come back to us for help if this happens.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
johnb