Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-29-2016, 11:03 AM   #1

SUN #8479
DaveSha is an unknown quantity at this point
another roof question

Checked my roof fabric and it is white and off-white on the back not white with a black back….So I believe it to be TPO….It's a 2000 T 2653….Does this sound right or has the roof been replaced with TPO fabric…The back of the camper has been off which tells me the roof had a leak previously….And the roof does not leak at present but I would like to coat it with ????????? and redo the seals with ???????….I would like to use something to go over the sealing on the air and etc instead of take out if possible as it doesn't leak at present….I think its Dicor that makes a coating but I heard it absorbs instead of repels….Thanks Dave

Old 07-01-2016, 11:48 AM   #2

SUN #8479
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSha View Post
Checked my roof fabric and it is white and off-white on the back not white with a black back….So I believe it to be TPO….It's a 2000 T 2653….Does this sound right or has the roof been replaced with TPO fabric…The back of the camper has been off which tells me the roof had a leak previously….And the roof does not leak at present but I would like to coat it with ????????? and redo the seals with ???????….I would like to use something to go over the sealing on the air and etc instead of take out if possible as it doesn't leak at present….I think its Dicor that makes a coating but I heard it absorbs instead of repels….Thanks Dave
…..Nope I was wrong…I took a fan off in the bedroom and it is not TPO….It has the black backing…In any event I ordered 4 tubes of dicor 501 self leveling and 2 gallons of Kool Seal elastomeric and will attack the roof after cleaning with tide this coming week….I ended up taking up 1/2 the floor in the kitchen (actually the whole dinette side and replacing it)….The camper is tarped now awaiting a rain we desperately need…Oddly the walls and ceilings show no signs of leakage…The linoleum on the kitchen floor was the give away and it looks as though someone once globed silicone around the bedroom window and the rear top 1/3 of the camper is a different siding than the other lower 2/3rd…I'm thinking its all to do with lack of maintenance….So when I get the roof attended to we shall see….The wife is totally in love with the camper , so I'm racking up points fixing it …hahaha….I've put decals on it and redid a lot of cosmetic stuff before I discovered the leakage scenario….Life goes on…It looks terrible with the rot etc but once you get it cleaned and start reconstructing it all comes together….No regrets yet…..Dave

Old 07-01-2016, 05:30 PM   #3

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Glad it worked out that easy and not having to do a much larger roof project.

Good luck with the rebuild. Pics of the progress helps many fellow Sunliners.

Thanks

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 02:57 AM   #4

SUN #8479
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
Glad it worked out that easy and not having to do a much larger roof project.

Good luck with the rebuild. Pics of the progress helps many fellow Sunliners.

Thanks

John
So far it looks that way John, but you never know when the other shoe may fall.....The back wall is a bit questionable , but no signs of staining....However the area near the floor is weak when you push on it...Only way to be sure is to tear it off which will wait till the kitchen is done.....However the floor back there is sturdy so I may wait and see if it becomes a problem after I do the maintainance on the roof..Lot of "ifs" and " ands" I know but I have a list of projects all demanding attention ( 2 tractors and a riding lawn mower)....I will post some pictures as soon as I figure out the process....Waiting on material at the moment due to UPS or Amazon sending 2 orders to somewhere in East Podunk.......May start the roof cleaning today or tomorrow depending on my back.......Thanks Dave
Old 07-02-2016, 06:42 AM   #5

SUN #89
Hi Dave

Quote:
Lot of "ifs" and " ands" I know but I have a list of projects all demanding attention ( 2 tractors and a riding lawn mower)....
The good news, these Sunnies are built that all is repairable with normal wood working tools, a bunch of time.... and a little know how...

The projects backs up, ah yup, I can relate. I have 1 riding mower, (mower deck lift and steering hydraulic issues), the Fusion is on jack stands now, (front end sway bar links bad) and I have the F350 with a miss-fire issue at full load and hot. That and a bunch of landscaping things to do around the house...

The good news, soon retirement is in site and the time factor will hopefully help the cause...

Happy camping

John

Old 07-02-2016, 08:26 AM   #6

SUN #8479
Talking

The good news, soon retirement is in site and the time factor will hopefully help the cause...

Nice thought John but it hasn't been my experience….Since retirement I have bought 7 tractors the newest is a 57 most others are late forties and early 50's…A double trailer in Florida…A Dodge challenger which I plan to drag race in the near future , and added it to my wifes Camaro and my F 150, and a 1990 Harley I bought new ….I am planning an end to my sabbatical as a musician after 5 years, plus our place here with 2 veg gardens and 5 flower gardens ….and several other things I have probably forgotten…. Good thing I have a worker bee wife …We just finished cleaning the roof and washing the camper…Waiting on the dicor….And the kool seal….Thanks Dave
Old 07-02-2016, 08:32 AM   #7

SUN #8479
Quote:
Hi Dave

The good news, these Sunnies are built that all is repairable with normal wood working tools, a bunch of time.... and a little know how...

The projects backs up, ah yup, I can relate. I have 1 riding mower, (mower deck lift and steering hydraulic issues), the Fusion is on jack stands now, (front end sway bar links bad) and I have the F350 with a miss-fire issue at full load and hot. That and a bunch of landscaping things to do around the house...

Happy camping

John
….Sent a reply on my post , kinda backwards I know but once again to many irons in the fire
Old 07-02-2016, 10:10 AM   #8

SUN #89
Quote:

Nice thought John but it hasn't been my experience….Since retirement I have bought 7 tractors the newest is a 57 most others are late forties and early 50's…A double trailer in Florida…A Dodge challenger which I plan to drag race in the near future , and added it to my wifes Camaro and my F 150, and a 1990 Harley I bought new ….I am planning an end to my sabbatical as a musician after 5 years, plus our place here with 2 veg gardens and 5 flower gardens ….and several other things I have probably forgotten…. Good thing I have a worker bee wife …We just finished cleaning the roof and washing the camper…Waiting on the dicor….And the kool seal….Thanks Dave
Ah and old time tractor collector guy. I can get into that. I grew up with them and have rebuilt a few over the years. My oldest was a Caterpillar 15 crawler. Crank start, 4 cylinder with the simplest carburetor I have even seen. It had a butterfly and one main needle valve/jet. Basically just mixed air with throttling raw gas and it runs. I was in the 1920' to 30's vintage I think. Seems all the advancements since dealt with fuel efficiency....

I hear ya on the time... I have a number of retired friends that are now busier then they have ever been... I'm hoping for at least 6 months of down time before the favor list starts....

Old 07-02-2016, 02:01 PM   #9

SUN #8479
Talking

Quote:
Ah and old time tractor collector guy. I can get into that. I grew up with them and have rebuilt a few over the years. My oldest was a Caterpillar 15 crawler. Crank start, 4 cylinder with the simplest carburetor I have even seen. It had a butterfly and one main needle valve/jet. Basically just mixed air with throttling raw gas and it runs. I was in the 1920' to 30's vintage I think. Seems all the advancements since dealt with fuel efficiency....

I hear ya on the time... I have a number of retired friends that are now busier then they have ever been... I'm hoping for at least 6 months of down time before the favor list starts....
……Farmall Cubs…I rebuilt them to the extent they could be used efficiently….I use them all also…I have one for plowing ground and cultivating , one for plowing snow, one for mowing, one under my gantry crane, that I rebuilt and its got a loader about half done fitted to it (henderson loader), one basket case 1950 demo, a spare that I got to split and put a clutch in, and a Harry Ferguson with a loader and a parts tractor, a gravely walk behind, and a crapsman 26 hp mower that is the wifes…..I guess thats a few more than 7….….No crawlers …….yet…I'll be 70 soon so I may not get to the crawler syndrome…I had a D4 once though years ago…And a backhoe...