Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-20-2016, 02:47 PM   #1

SUN #7901
evpowers is an unknown quantity at this point
FS: 1979 Sunline (Solaris?) RV Datsun truck body $5,800

A good friend of mine is selling his really cool Sunline RV.
Is on a 1979 RV frame.
Located near Burlington, Vermont

Super retro setup. He put a bunch of upgrades/repairs in it within the last year and it is ready to go!

I should mention that we used this forum site for a ton of our research when fixing her up last year. This was an awesome resource.

Here is the info from his Craigslist ad
1979 Datsun Sunline RV

1979 Datsun Sunline RV - $5800 (Burlington)

Meet Dottie, a 1979 Datsun Sunline RV (for parts purposes etc., 1979 Nissan 620) with 89,000 miles on her. At almost 37 years old (she was born on 9/9/79) she's had a recent facelift and is ready for her next loving owner.

As the third owner, I recently bought her in fall of 2015 and drove to Los Angeles, CA and back. She has a strong engine, however, at 119 cu. in, 4-cylinder engine, she doesn't have a lot of power. But she made it there and back and if you don't mind using your flashers when going up hills, you'll be fine. Plus, at only 17 feet long, she can park anywhere, perfect for boondocking!

I've put a lot of care into her to get her road ready - she just passed her inspection this month. I repaired her floor pans that had some holes, installed a complete exhaust system, gave her a brake job, bled the lines and installed four new tires. This includes two ten-ply rear tires for stability as the previous owner converted her to from dual rear-wheels to single. I also installed two new rear wheels/rims.

In the engine compartment, she's had two brand new batteries installed, a new 'rebuilt' starter, a 100W inverter off the coach battery to the coach interior, a recent oil change less than 200 miles ago and a new oil cap.

We moved the gas intake hose as she had some sort of bottleneck previously, fixed what appeared to be evidence of leaks by tarring some of the roof and using silicone on some cracks. I also completely detailed her inside and out so she practically gleams!

Inside the coach we replaced all the lighting with LED. She's had a complete paint job (except for the bathroom) to brighten her up from the 70's faux wood decor. We placed a laminate floor over the old flooring and recovered her seating, matching pillows and window valances. She has airplane seats for improved comfort, a full size memory foam mattress for better sleeping and she has the Dometic refrigerator.

I never used the interior systems - the heating, water, stove, refrigerator or bathroom setup, but the previous owner indicated there were no problems, so I just took him at his word. I have refilled the propane tank and tested it using the stove, which worked fine.

All the specs are included on the attached period flyer(s) which are kinda neat. I've also included lots of pics to give an idea how beautiful she looks. Even at 37 years old, she continues to turn heads and I get asked about her wherever I go. There is a huge following for these vehicles, especially as there aren't many of them left.

Questions? Just ask! Thanks for looking!