Hi, I joined the Forum because I ran into a 1981 Sunline Solaris (17') with 106000 mi on it for $2400. I have never seen this size before, which I like.
Can anyone hazard a guess as to its value?
NADAguides says it is worth $1200, but they don't know that:
1) - ALL the plumbing has been removed - NO running water, water heater, toilet or tanks; I'd settle for an improvised water delivery system, i.e. 5 gal carboys of fresh water, a portable greywater tank & a portapotti. (I expect the cost of restoring something like the original plumbing system would be prohibitive, and I don't want to put a lot of time into it.)
2) The coach 12v system does not work - no accessory battery or cage, and wires pulled out of the charging unit, or whatever that is under the right bench - AC converter?). I can get by with battery lanterns for now.
3. Seller reluctant to go with me to mechanic for check (he does not want me to go alone); it IS pretty far - but a red flag, I know.
4) It has 7 new tires and new upholstery in the coach.
5) 106,000 mi, runs & drives smoothly, not a lot of power (97HP), powertrain has no evident problems, except some soot inside exhaust pipe - burning some oil?
6. Propane refrigerator & furnace supposedly work.
7) Wear consistent with age - coach repainted (not professionally), roof appears to have been sealed with an elastomer.
Has roof 110v AC unit. Otherwise no extras of note.
Thoughts on this purchase? Thanks!