Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline 5th Wheels
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-25-2008, 01:07 PM   #1

SUN #237
Capt Skup
Sunline fiver almost ready to hit the road

Since my last post we have sold our 2006 Teton Experience Scottsdale(Craigslist is a wonderful sales tool). We bought a real nice colonial, nice large lot with plenty of room for the boat and Sunline, right off of the Bay. So now I have this monster 450 towing the "little" Sunline. Been prepping the Sunline for upcomming vacation. Washed the whole thing, cleaned the roof, resealed the full perimeter with Dicor Lap Sealant and all the vents. Waxed the front and rear caps now working on the sides. One thing I am also doing is replacing all the screws that run down both sides securing a strip. The originals are rusting, so I replaced them with stainless dipped in silicone sealant. I am also replacing all the sealant that runs along the cap sides, old stuff had turned gray.
BIG TIP::::: Mr. Clean Magic Erasers work wonders. Some of the plastic trim had darkened over the winter, normal methods would not remove the black. Whala, Magic Erasers to the rescue. These little pads remove all the crud, trim now looks like new. Tonight I am cleaning the carpet, lubing the slide drivetrain. This weekend the wheel bearings and checking the brakes. maintenance never stops

Capt Skup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 03:34 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Capt.,

Now you got the right idea, the rig in your own yard. It is so much easier to keep up with the maintenance when it's right at home. And it does away with loading up all your tools/supplies to go work on things. Will also make loading for a trip really easy. Glad you found a home that permitted this.

It would be great if you could manage to attend next years Sunline Rally in June at Buttonwood Campground, Mexico, PA.

Pictures would be really nice, too

Kitty
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote