Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline 5th Wheels
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-28-2015, 06:06 AM   #1

SUN #6745
Gary A is an unknown quantity at this point
Pricing advice-Sunline 344

Good morning!
I am looking at a 2003 Sunline 344, apparently in good shape. I have no expertise in pricing 5th wheels, but could use some advice on what the group thinks would be a fair price for this unit. I have a 2003 T-2753 and would like to upgrade for longer distance/duration hauling and I have such a great respect for Sunline that I'd like to stay with the brand.
Any help on pricing thoughts would be very much appreciated!

Thanks, all!

Old 03-28-2015, 09:56 AM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Gary,

A few things to help you.

Since you are looking at a slide camper and this may be your first slide camper, here is a heads up on what to look for. And this goes for any brand slide camper.

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f7...eck-11086.html

Basically slide floor rot... It is not to be feared but understood. It is very repairable. I fixed my own, we have had others have their dealer fix it before buying etc. If you are buying the 5'er from a dealer, they may not even know to look if this issue exists. Now you are armed with the power of knowledge of where to look. If that unit has the problem, then a price concession can be made or the dealer fix/replace the floor.

If you have wood tools, knowledge of using them and a place to work on the camper, you can correct this yourself.

If the floor is solid and not yet water infected, we can show you how to seal it so there are no issues in the future.

To the price, if a forum member, EMD_Driver does not pop into this thread, PM him. He knows that model camper and may be able to guide you on pricing. He can also help you on the truck weights and hitch.

We also have other SOC members who still have or had the newer 5'ers and can help on truck and camper questions.

NADA pricing is a guide. It is not that you may be able to get one for that price, in these cases it depends on condition of the camper and how much want to pay to get it. For that camper this is what they state
2003 Sunline Fifth Wheel Series M-344 Standard Equipment, Prices & Specs - NADAguides

The Sunline 5er's frame wise, are built a lot better then many of the new ones today. And as such they weigh more = make sure your truck can handle the "loaded" pin weight.

A topic you will need to become educated on if you are not already, is how a camper can get water infected and to know where to look. I myself have zero, zip, nada reservations buying an older Sunline as I know the brand and positives it brings. However, how the prior owner took care of it or even knows they had a leak is something be on the look out for. Again not something to fear, just be educated on and go into the pricing situation eyes wide open. If you need help on this topic of what to look for, let us know.

Good luck on this. The Sunline 5er's of that era are beautiful campers.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 06:10 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
EMD_Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to EMD_Driver Send a message via Yahoo to EMD_Driver
Hey Gary,
I wish I had seen your post earlier. Did you buy the 344 from CW in Chattanooga?

If so, my wife and I traded it in there.

I can tell you pretty much anything you want to know about it.

Gary

2007 Peterson Excel Limited 30RKE
2014 Ford F350XLT SRW Crew Cab, Long bed 6.7PSD

EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 03:29 PM   #4

SUN #6745
EMD Driver:
I sat on my hands about 2 days too long. Your 344 looked beautiful in photos and by the time I'd convinced my wife to make the 75 mile drive to Chattanooga, there was a deal pending, much to my dismay. I know the Sunnie 5th wheels are kinda rare, but I have to believe they are special, as Sunnies are so well built. We have a T-2753 that we love, but the extra room in the 344 would have been welcome. Thoughts on your experiences with the 344 would be welcome. Thanks!
Old 04-26-2015, 10:15 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
EMD_Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to EMD_Driver Send a message via Yahoo to EMD_Driver
The 344 had it's issues, but was a nice camper. I just wish Sunline would have used real plywood for the main slide floor, instead of the OSB.

2007 Peterson Excel Limited 30RKE
2014 Ford F350XLT SRW Crew Cab, Long bed 6.7PSD

EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 01:35 PM   #6

SUN #6745

if you wouldn't mind sharing your thoughts with me, good and bad, on the 344, I'd really appreciate it.
thanks!