Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Que
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-12-2008, 08:49 AM   #1

SUN #671
Hvolt1
Sunline Que defect

I was Talking to a dealer the other day and he informed me that the earlier model Que's had two problems.First the Battery being mounted in front of the propane access and second the axles were not put in the correct place to give the camper the correct tongue weight. He informed me that the Que he was selling had a model # higher than 6200 which has the problems corrected.He said that they realized this at the factory and started lowering the battery and putting the axles in the correct place.I have looked at several of Que for sale recently and see the difference. He said if you see the battery mounted lower then the axles are in the correct position.Any way I thought I would pass this on , thanks

Old 08-12-2008, 10:59 AM   #2

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Correct. I was suspecting it was around 6200, but I didn't have proof that it was right there. The early battery mount was similar to the other coaches, being like a rail system across the tongue. The fix was to put a drop down tray between the rails.

The axle problem was fixed early on. If you look at the following pic, the Country SE shows a long cabinet in front of the door and no lower cabinet behind the door. Therefore, the door was farther back, from the axle being farther back. I've never seen another Que like it, so this was something early on. (Thanks Tweety for pointing that out)

Also, the rock guard appears to be a full size to the upper front of the coach. Again, I've never seen another coach like it. They modified it to be smaller (the size of the window) for production.

Some battery pics:

Here's 6221, so one of the first with the fix:

Here's an early one. I don't know the number, but it's the only good pic I have with the battery installed:

Jon

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:05 AM   #3

SUN #128
Tweety
Our QUE had the axle in the right place, and I can assure you that it towed like a dream, and we didn't have a weight a weight distribution hitch.
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:08 AM   #4

SUN #149
nasa42a
Folks....

Fascinating tale of developmental steps. I'd always wondered about some of the brochure pictures, which showed what was apparently the prototype, rather than the late-production models. Our Que is one of the latter ones, obviously. But after about 25,000 miles....(and moving backward in time...)

Currently....No sign of frame deflection, although we are using our old 750-lb Reese bars set "lightly" for weight.
At 19,500 miles....The AlKo axle had to be replaced by the AlKo factory (warranty), as the drag links misaligned. And this effect also killed the Mission tires (scrubbed off the tread) at the same mileage. By the way... other than one "hidden" puncture early on....the Mission tires were holding up well 'till the axle problem killed them. But we replaced them with Goodyear ST tires.
At 10,000 miles...The Dometic AC had to be replaced by Dometic.... under warranty.

So the Que's "quality" issues to me seem to be major-supplier related.
If I had to be really picky about Sunline's quality choices I'd probably grouse about...
(a) The paneling quality (touch-up on corners was frequent until clear wallpaper-protector edges were installed).
(b) The design of the bed, which was in part necessitated by the factory decision to bury the gas bottles in the front of the trailer.

Please note that (minor grumping aside) we continue to really enjoy and use our Que.... and the concept of "more RV-ing" rather than "more RV".

Frank
nasa42a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:53 PM   #5

SUN #198
ELPilotto
Our Q*Bert has the axle position corrected but the battery is mounted high like any other RV. The battery position for us has not been a problem as we have only had to fill the bottles once in 2 years! In the parks, if we have electric hook ups we use all the electric we can. We DO have the minor leak in the wheel wells and I know it's been mentioned in threads elsewhere so I am going to poke around and find it.
ELPilotto is offline   Reply With Quote