Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Que
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-06-2007, 04:35 PM   #1

SUN #359
ttfn
new to the que & a bed ?

DH Rick and I are proud new Que owners! We are taking our first trip this coming weekend...three nights (if the Alabama heat doesn't get the better of us.) I have a question about the bed...when we pull out the supports and put the seat backs in place to make the bed, the outside edge piece is very precarious. (It just doesn't have enough base under it, and it tends to fall in the floor.) Our solution is to pull the support base out a bit further (leaving 3" still telescoped into the larger tube). We are replacing the straps to allow this extra distance and still keep the base from pulling all the way out. 2 Que-stions: do you have the same problem and is there any safety issue we should be concerned about?

Old 08-06-2007, 04:51 PM   #2

SUN #128
Tweety
Our bed slides only slide out to a certain point and stop - just like a kitchen drawer slide stops. Our issue was that the cushions would separate. We solved this by adding 2 little wood blocks that fit down into the frame that is created by the 2 slides and the front edge of the sofa.

2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:26 PM   #3

SUN #359
ttfn
Hmmmmm....interesting. We don't have a stop on the slides; we have a piece of nylon webbing (like a purse handle or a belt) that only allows the bed to be pulled so far...and it doesn't seem quite far enough! I like the wood blocks...we have put velcro on the cross pieces and on the backs of the cushions to stop the slide. We'll see how it goes!
Old 08-06-2007, 07:17 PM   #4

SUN #149
nasa42a
Well....

Although I'm planning to add Quetse's blocks to our setup to "lock" things in place, we had already decided that the Queen Bed is unnecessarily wide, and we use only the cushion backs from the side to expand the bed (heads to the TT front). We've put in limit wires to keep the bed expander from coming out too far.

As we're "short" by today's standards (I'm 5'9"), it works well for us.

Frank
nasa42a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:31 PM   #5

SUN #128
Tweety
We tried the industrial strength velcro and it didn't work for us. It came unstuck. Maybe if you secure it with screws that will work.
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Old 08-07-2007, 05:09 AM   #6

SUN #359
ttfn
We did think about using only one cushion and having a smaller bed and more floor space like you do, Frank. We may try it, but since we're used to a queen bed, I think a slightly-smaller-than-full bed will feel tight. As to the Velcro, as of now we have the rough part stuck to the runners, and the soft part stapled to the cushion backs....we'll see how it works out this weekend! Thanks for the input!
Old 08-13-2007, 08:21 AM   #7

SUN #196
tinybluetj
We are actuatly thinking of rotating the bed to put the longer, pull out part along the front wall, and the shorter stationary part with the cubby hole thing along the side wall, opposite the door. We measured, it will fit. The only issue is that we would have to lengthen and relocate the drawer slides to fit around the propane takns that are stored under that area. That way, the bed could concievably stay open, and the door would still be useable. I am not sure that it is worth the possibility of messing up the nice finish, though (I have a slight confidence issue! )

Oh, and don't tell my hubby, he thinks I have stopped thinking about this!
Old 08-13-2007, 11:24 AM   #8

SUN #128
Tweety
Hey Kathryn - we thought about that too! We were out there with the tape measure right after the M&G. We were thinking of leaving the cubby compartment where it is though and the bed would just be a little shorter, which works fine for us shorties. Also the water heater is under the cushion next to the wardrobe, so we were leaving that as a seating area. Then I remembered that making and taking down the bed is Steve's job, so I think I like it better the way it is
Old 08-13-2007, 02:08 PM   #9

SUN #359
ttfn
Well, we're back from the 3 night trip and all went very well. The bed fix we mentioned in the original post worked great...the velcro kept things from sliding about, and by extending the supports a bit I didn't spend all night trying to keep the edge of the bed from falling to the floor (and taking me with it)! We stayed at DeSoto State Park in northeastern Alabama...our old tent camping stomping grounds. I'll try to post a campground review in the next few days.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:49 PM   #10

SUN #198
ELPilotto
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinybluetj
We are actuatly thinking of rotating the bed to put the longer, pull out part along the front wall, and the shorter stationary part with the cubby hole thing along the side wall, opposite the door. We measured, it will fit. The only issue is that we would have to lengthen and relocate the drawer slides to fit around the propane takns that are stored under that area. That way, the bed could concievably stay open, and the door would still be useable. I am not sure that it is worth the possibility of messing up the nice finish, though (I have a slight confidence issue! )
Kathryn, or anyone else, who is adventurous enough to do this please post lots of pictures of the finished project.
ELPilotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:45 PM   #11

SUN #196
tinybluetj
You and Mandy are short, like us, you could prob. sleep sideways! LOL! I am thinking of making a "freestanding" stand for the cousins, so I wouldn;t have to take apart the exisiting cabinets. I just can't bar to tear it apart! I am afraid I would not be able to get it back together again right! I would take it to the repair/ resto folks in Richmond, but I don't think it is worth that kind of cash!