Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Que
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 12-10-2007, 04:54 PM   #21

SUN #443
CaptKen
Gig,

I have the Que RE in Beach. The one Jon posted a pic for you of is actually MY trailer at the dealer before I bought it.

I studied these two floorplans long and hard and could have bought either one from the same dealer.

I chose the RE for the following reasons:

1.) I liked the rear door so when I am all set-up under the awning with my table and chairs, I don't have to move stuff to swing the door open and go in & out of camper. If you stand under the small awning when it's out and imagine having your camp all set-up under there (especially during rain) and see how hard it is to swing the door open w/o hitting someone at the picnic table in the head. I also have the optional and rare rear door mini awning.

2.) I am 6' 3" and the RE makes a full King size bed of 80". When sleeping sideways to the long axis of the trailer, I can stretch out all the way and my feet don't hit the other wall. I can also make two separate twin beds if camping/hunting with a buddy w/o being TOO CLOSE to that buddy, if ya know what I mean! The bed configuration was the biggest sell for me.

3.) I liked the long continuous counter in the RE Kitchen.

Hope this helps you!

Ken

CaptKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 08:08 PM   #22

SUN #139
Al in PA
You really can't go wrong with any of the color combinations. In fact, I've never seen an ugly Sunline decor. Some of the TT units I've seen at RV shows are quite gaudy. With Sunline, it's simply a matter of picking the size and layout that meet your needs.

2007 T-2553
2003 Silverado 1500
Al in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:35 PM   #23

SUN #484
TRLRTRSH
Hey all thanks for all of the replies.. I wanted to mention to you all that the local one i thought was for sale-Aint.
as a matter of fact it had out of state tags. the TV also had the same tags... someone was also living in it. they were visiting for the week. Somuch for that.Good thing i did not barge in!

I'm sorry that it took me so long to reply. I have always liked a "sideENTRANCE" TRAILER so i think i will go with(when i find it) the SE.
I will also study hard the pros and cons(according to me) and once formulate a wise decision. The floorplans are very cool... but i think i do like the SE the best..
thanks all!! and i'm sorry for the late reply.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:39 PM   #24

SUN #484
TRLRTRSH
where are my manners?
Thanks for the picture posting too... this will help me make a decision.. I know that posting picture to some of the BB's can be a royal PIA.. some make you go to a host site and all that rubbish.... so if you have to do this here I thank you for your effort.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:17 AM   #25

SUN #304
MitchandEllen
We used our '97 4 Runner to tow our Que last summer. We traveled from Duluth, Minnesota to Glacier, Boise, Ft Collins and back (about 3500 miles). It was a little underpowered on long hills, but although we didn't break any land speed records we got there with few problems. We couldn't use the cruise most of the time unless we were on very level stretches. The engine never overheated, but it really strained when we ran the air and climbed hills at the same time.

We loved the Que!! Good luck with your search to find one.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:13 PM   #26

SUN #484
TRLRTRSH
Hello and thanks for the reply.
Yes i do understand the 97T4R might be a little underpowered for the Que. I actually had toyo install a tranmission cooler, althought i thought i had the towing PKG there was no Tranny Coooler.

If i know that my TV is slightly or IS underpowered I wont run the AC. I'm not a fan(no pun intended, but a good one anyhow) of AirConditioning any how.. I prefer fresh air... if i must.. i will run the AC with the window open to get a balance of fresh and cool air at the same time.

I'll bet the Runner did the best it could... hauling you,your Que and with the AC Running.. up and down all those hills... but me? After i get my que.. it will pain to do it.. but i think i'm going to start to look for a sequoia..

I like to Tow with a cushion.. meaning room to spare - that if i do want to run the AC or travel up the side of a long incline or for that matter up the side of a mountain I know that i will be under the limits of what my TV can do... When i find my Que it will be only Local camping until i get another TV..

Thanks for the reply..... it was very nice of you.