Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Que
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-08-2008, 08:37 AM   #1

SUN #413
SYLPHIL
Send a message via Yahoo to SYLPHIL
Hurricane Season in Florida, How do I prepare the QUE?

Hello my fellow QUE mates.
Its hurricane season in Florida. I live in Central Florida. Does anyone know how do I "prepare" the QUE for the hurricane season? Is there any method to brace it from high winds? Does anyone have any suggestions of what to do?. This is a new experience for me.

By the way, Thanks for the advice on backing it up. I manage to get it in my backyard with no hitches thanks to you guys.
PS How do I find out which number QUE I have ?

SylPhil
2007 Sunline Que SE #
2006 Toyota Sienna (Tow Vehicle) w tranny cooler.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:35 PM   #2

SUN #199
reysaint
Re: Hurricane Season in Florida, How do I prepare the QUE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYLPHIL
Hello my fellow QUE mates.
Its hurricane season in Florida. I live in Central Florida. Does anyone know how do I "prepare" the QUE for the hurricane season? Is there any method to brace it from high winds? Does anyone have any suggestions of what to do?. This is a new experience for me.

By the way, Thanks for the advice on backing it up. I manage to get it in my backyard with no hitches thanks to you guys.
PS How do I find out which number QUE I have ?

SylPhil
2007 Sunline Que SE #
2006 Toyota Sienna (Tow Vehicle) w tranny cooler.
I also live in Florida (south Florida). When there is an impending hurricane heading in our direction, I close all the hurricane shutters turn off the main water supply pack up the Sunline T-1950 and head in the opposite direction of the hurricane.

That is one of the wonderful things about having a travel trailer. I do not want to stay in the house during a hurricane.

If the hurricane does major damage to the house I will have lodging in my Sunline parked in the driveway with the Honda eu2000 generator for power.

If you stayed in the house, the possibility of major damage to both the house and the travel trailer is not worth it.

I have left south Florida on three different occations when there was a chance of a hurricane.

Ray

Old 08-17-2008, 07:46 PM   #3

SUN #413
SYLPHIL
Hurricane Fay is coming this way, What do I do with the QUE

Hi Everyone,
Well its coming...Hurricane Fay is going to make a trip towards central Florida by Wed. I still do not have an answer of how to brace the Que. Its in my backyard. What do I do so it won't BLOW away?

Sylvia
Old 08-17-2008, 08:19 PM   #4

SUN #292
Honda03842 is an unknown quantity at this point
Tie Down

In theh Escapee Park in Florida they tie down their trailer with aluminum straps that run over the axle and tie into the pad. With a single axle Que a similar strap would have to go over the front hitch.

Norm Milliard
1982 Sunline 1982
2004 Honda CRV
Old 08-17-2008, 09:34 PM   #5

SUN #413
SYLPHIL
Hurricane preparation for the Que

THank you, However , I do not have any thing to strap it to. It is in the backyard which is surrounded by tress but open in the middle.

Sylvia
Old 08-17-2008, 10:01 PM   #6

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd ask around to see if you could get it inside somewhere for the storm...a warehouse, factory, storage building, the school bus garage, anything with a 10'+ door. If you can't get it inside, my best suggestion would be to hook it up to the tow vehicle and park it right next to the house, assuming there's no trees around it. I would keep it away from trees in case they fall. I also think it's better closer to the house because if a roof were to blow off or something, I would think it would blow a farther distance before it would land, most likely missing the Que. If you have any loose objects (lawn furniture, grill, etc.), I'd suggest putting them inside or don't park the Que there. If those get airborn, the filon sides won't like them.

Good luck,
Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:01 PM   #7

SUN #599
Lode is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Lode
You could hammer some long stakes into the ground at a 45 degree angle away from the camper sides and use those to tie off. You could also get something like the coiled pet anchors they have that twist into the ground as an anchor providing the ground is sturdy/stable. Just a few thoughts.

Best of luck, hope she doesn't hit you folks too hard down south!

Take care,
Jason
https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...s/Lodeline.jpg
Lode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:30 PM   #8

SUN #64
MACK C-85 is an unknown quantity at this point
We used something similar to this when we had our old trailer {28' Chateau) on a seasonal site in Ocean City, MD. It rode out several winter Nor'easter's and a couple of Tropical Storms without any problems and it sat out in an open field.

http://www.doityourself.com/invt/6159651

Once you have the anchors in the ground, the cable is held in place with u-clamps after it is looped around the anchor eye and the trailer frame. It is not real hard to undo. If you can leave the anchors in place, it would only take a half hour or so to position the trailer and clamp the cables into place for a storm.

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Club Cab 4x4 CTD
2007 Sunline Solaris T-276-SR: Misty Blue/Cherry
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4x4 OFF-ROAD
MACK C-85 is offline   Reply With Quote