Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Que
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-07-2009, 01:49 PM   #1

SUN #773
rduswalt
Furnace lighting procedure

Hello members: Just got back from my maiden voyage to the OBX and aside from the weather all went well with the Que. One problem, which I think is due to operator error, is the correct procedure to light the furnace. The temp went into the low 40's during the trip and I could not get the furnace to function,. the little information from the owner's manuel was no help, I need a step by step instruction. I did get a blinking red light in the heating compartment but that is as far as I got, don't know what the light meant, any helpl on this?

Old 06-07-2009, 07:13 PM   #2

SUN #517
luvrque
Hi rduswalt

Glad your trip went well.
We used the Que most of april, we had no problem with the furnace.
To turn the furnace on just turn the wall control to ON,then move the temp.control up to where you want it. (That is it) It DOES take some time to fire up,maybe a min.or two or more.

Added note: Our furnace turns on & off A few times while trying to light that is why it takes a few mins. to light.........

2007 Que RE
2011 Tahoe LTZ.
https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...orums/Qsig.jpg
luvrque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:49 AM   #3

SUN #773
rduswalt

Joe & Donna: Thanks for the info, however, I did that procedure and that is when I noticed the blinking red light in the compartment, and alas, no ignition. I did wait about five minutes for the furnace, or fan, to start working, but no such luck. Should I have waited longer? I was a little nervous about the blinking light, I thought it might be an indication of something not quite right, that is why I shut it down before waiting any longer. Any idea of what that light means? If it is a normal part of the procedure, I'll ignore it and try again. Thanks for your help.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:56 AM   #4

SUN #517
luvrque
rduswalt
I just went out to the Que and turned the furnace on. It came on in less than 1 min. with no red light. Did you have the propane turned off at any time prior to trying the furnace? When I turn the propane off ( like to enter a tunnel or such ) that is when the furnace takes longer to lite. I always lite the stove first to get the propane flowing, then I lite the furnace. Did you try the reset button to the right with the black furnace cover off ? I don't remember seeing a red light (but I am not sure) when my furnace did take a few mins. to start ( but I had the black cover on those times.) Can you see the red light with the cover on ?

2007 Que RE
2011 Tahoe LTZ.
https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...orums/Qsig.jpg
luvrque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:50 PM   #5

SUN #773
rduswalt

Joe & Donna: Thanks again for your info, I just tried everything you mentioned, lighting the stove first to rid the lines of air, waiting an extra long time (20 min), pushing the reset button, etc., nothing seems to work. I think the problem may be something other than operator error. so, down to the dealer in the AM, and pay thier fee ($100 per hr.) to solve the problem. I will post the solution on the forum just in case someone else can use the info. Thanks again for trying. R Duswalt
Old 06-12-2009, 03:36 PM   #6

SUN #773
rduswalt
Mystry solved

Joe & Donna:
Got the Que back from the dealer today, the solution was simple, there is a switch marked off and reset, on the right side when the cover is removed, that was ne ver shown to me, and since I noticed it to be in the off position when I took delivery, I assumed that was the normal operating position, wrong, it should be in the offset mode. The blinking red light starts when you try to light the furnace when the switch is in the wrong setting and indicates a fiallure to ignite, The operator's manual states the correct way of lighting the furnace but has no trouble shooting guide and the dealer should have been more thorogh in explaining the controls, but the bottom line was "operator error" . I hope some one else can use this information, Thanks again for trying. R. Duswalt