Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Que
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-27-2007, 06:53 PM   #1

SUN #149
nasa42a
36-Day Que Roadrun....

We just returned from a PA to Oregon and back jaunt (not a straight line...ended up as 7987 miles).
The Que is certainly a great-towing TT that draws attention. Sharon insists we could have offset half of the trip costs by charging admission for the "short tour" of the Que. Everywhere we went we were approached by people asking about it, asking to see inside it... and wishing they could find one.
As for reliability issues:
The Chinese-manufactured Mission tires performed flawlessly, and lost no pressure (this was the source of an earlier discussion).
The Dometic AC unit quit working in Portland, OR. As it was under warranty, Dometic insisted the only warranty solution was to exchange it for a new one. Fine... but there weren't any of that model on that area of the west coast. After 4 days waiting for one to arrive, we told the repair firm we'd get if fixed once we returned to PA. We passed thru Rapid City, SD - temperature 104 degrees - on our way back. NOTE: Stopped at our PA dealer as we neared home. He verified the problem and (he and Dometic) replaced the AC in the past 3 days!
Discovered a problem with the sliding windows. They didn't want to stay latched (apparently an effect of road vibration). The streetside fan-fold (lower) curtain was damaged by being sucked partly out the window....which had opened within 25 miles of starting one day. This was after we had identified the loosening problem and made sure each day the window was latched. I'm going to have to find the manufacturer of the window and try to get a replacement fanfold curtain. And I no longer will tow with the curtain up in place. NOTE: There was nothing identifying the maker in my owner's book...so I'm going to also post a query on the community forum asking anyone with info on the curtain to let me know who the manufacturer was.
When the trailer was at the dealer for the AC replacement, I had the wheel bearings repacked (we'd towed it about 10,500 miles in the past 7 months). He found one side had a very bad bearing set..... not quite at the full failure point. I'm glad I decided to do my customary yearly bearing pack a bit early!

All-in-all, although there were a few frustrations, it was a great trip, and the Que is a great road RV for two!

Frank

nasa42a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 05:00 AM   #2

SUN #128
Tweety
Frank & Sharon,
Thanks for posting! Our windows are really really hard to open, so it's interesting that you had this problem. But then your faucet doesn't leak and ours continues to be a problem - I think it might finally be fixed. We'll start keeping an eye on the A/C and bearings. Thanks for the heads up. Glad you had a good trip. So you didn't regret trading in the 2363? I ask because I'm currently drooling over a used but like new 2363. If you get the itch to go out by next weekend come on up to Buttonwood for the Meet & Greet.
Pam

2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 07:54 AM   #3

SUN #149
nasa42a
Quetse....

The Camco brass water pressure regulator (attached to hose at city water entry on TT) seems to have totally eliminated the tendency of the Que faucet to "weep" occasionally.
Thanks for the reminder on the Meet & Greet @ Buttonwood! I hadn't considered it earlier, as I wasn't certain we'd be back in time. I just phoned them and still managed to get a campsite in the park. See you there!

Frank
Old 07-28-2007, 07:57 AM   #4

SUN #128
Tweety
Great ! See you there. While you were writing, I was editing my original post to ask if you regretted trading in the 2363...
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:58 PM   #5

SUN #149
nasa42a
Pam....

That's a tough one to answer. The 2363 is clearly the most comfortable to inhabit for destination RVing....and the Que the easiest to set up and tow (and, one hopes, eventually to maintain) for largely travel RVing.

So my answer is that there are some regrets around the edges, but I'd do it again for the benefits the Que has to offer. And that is because we see ourselves moving more with the TT, rather than parking it for 3-4 weeks at a time. It's all back to what you're going to do with the TT.

But I'm sure we'll get to discuss that sometime next weekend.

Frank
Old 07-29-2007, 02:45 PM   #6

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Frank,

Glade you and Sharon can make it to the M&G

Check out the Pot Luck Dinner post.

See you there.
Hutch
Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:35 AM   #7

SUN #149
nasa42a
Hutch...

Thanks for the heads-up.

Frank
Old 07-30-2007, 01:04 PM   #8

SUN #115
emam
Hey Frank, glad to hear that you made the trip West with very little hassle. I cant wait to hear some of the stories of the journey and what the little Que tows like. We had looked at them while at the Sunline Factory and both thought if we were just going on long trips, and not living full time in our 2499TT, then the Que would have been or best option.

I've seen a few while on the road, and everyone cant say enough about how much they like them.

Cant wait till next weekend.

Pat

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote