Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-16-2008, 05:14 PM   #21

SUN #128
Tweety
Looks beautiful...Sigh...my Dad had a TT membership when he was full timing, but let it expire because they bought a house in the keys and got rid of the fifth wheel. I sure wish he would have asked us if we wanted it

2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 06:47 PM   #22

SUN #660
rmstack
Tweety,

Too bad that your dad left it expire. I would have assumed that it was a 3-lifetime membership as the ODW was and perhaps he didn't think that you'd be interested???

Perhaps you could check adds for membership sales. I saw one on the BB at the clubhouse today for $2500. But I would think that one could get one cheaper than that- bargain a little! I could get their telephone number for you if you might be interested. Or you might check the classified section of the newspaper.

We did upgrade our ODW membership to the new Platinum Plus so we can use the TT camps, too. The best part is that our daughter gets her own card, too, and can take advantage of our membership. So she and our grandsons will be camping with us in their own cabin here at Gettysburg Farm from Sunday till the campground closes Oct. 26. They live in the Corning area of New York so we don't get to see them as often as we would like. Having them at camp a plus for us this week other than the beautiful fall camping that we also enjoy. Unfortunately, our TT is not large enough for a Pac-n-Play bed for a 2 month and a bed for a 3 yr. old and their mother.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:54 PM   #23

SUN #660
rmstack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety
Hi Rich,
We got the nobs at Lowes. They were slightly smaller so I put those on the tiny bedroom drawers, and put the originals on the cabinets. The one on the pantry also came from Lowes and is the right size, but it was one of those they had as a $1 special and they didn't have them any more.

Yes, it was me that ordered the doors from the guy in Kentucky. He doesn't stain them. I had Sherwin Williams to do a stain match. It isn't perfect, but to the noncritical eye it's fine. The finish is ~5 coats of a water base poly, and the sheen is an exact match.

We have the skid wheels too. That was our first attempt to solve the low slung trailer issue. We ended up getting axle flip after going around some nasty switchbacks in SW Virginia.

I was thinking about the TV right under the TV cabinet too, with a swing arm that allows it to move forward. If you figure out the whole TV thing I definitely want to see pictures! It seems like every floorplan is a compromise and so far the TV location is the only thing I don't like about this plan, and we are determined to figure something out.
Pam/Steve,

I finally solved my problem today for mounting a HDTV at the overhead cabinet in my 2753 with a $90 mount that I purchased at Costco. Check out my new POST in this particular forum: HDTV Mount in 2006 Sunline 2753. My Sunline is now in winter storage on my backyard but after finding this mount, I just had to see if it worked, and it did. Now I am ready for digital broadcast in the main living area.

I used a studfinder, and you will be able to see where I mounted it on that stud. The only modification was using 1 7/8 inch wood screw instead of the 2 1/2 inch wood screw provided. I have a 19" TV, but I am sure that with this bracket, I could go up to a 22 inch TV.