Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-15-2008, 08:51 PM   #1

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
T2499 and T310SR Pass Thru Bath Upgrades (with Pic's)

Fellow Campers

Here are some ideas of what we have done with our pass thur bath style campers. Some of these will fit other layouts I'm sure, but lend themselves well to the pass thru. Most of these pics are from our T2499 and just about all of them have now moved over into the T310SR or have been reproduced in the new camper.

Enjoy

The Shower. We camp in winter months and when the camper is winterized the shower is a great place to add more stuff for winter use.

First to hang those heavier coats. An expanding current rod. There is also a homemade bag of empty plastic grocery bags we use as trash can liners hanging up. This rod works well even during the non winter months. Goes in and out quick.

We also have the over the door hooks to hang coats, sweaters etc on. These over the door hooks also work on the sliding bed room door. We move the coats from the shower rod to the bed room door hook when we take a shower and still have the heavy cloths on boord.

Then to keep that pesky swinging door open when the TT is not exactly level. Add a magnet.

The foam takes out the wiggle/Jiggle sound of the loose magnet plates as you walk across the floor. It was getting on DW’s nerves so she added the stick on foam. Now no more jiggle noise.

Now to have more storage space when you are not using the shower. We use this set during the winter or extra long trips where we have showers at camp and need to bring more clothes. For winter, all freezable food and cleaning products, fresh clothes go in a draw and we carry the draw in and out of the house but the casing stays put. Then the draws store in the basement until the next camping trip already 1/2 loaded.

This starts out with a rug to line the shower and a wood frame to hold the draws. There is a blue strap that holds it all together.

Then the bottom draw. These have a lip on them that nests in the wood frame.

The draws work good and we can use 1 to 4 of them. Come spring when we fill up the water in the camper, the draws come out and stay out so we can use the shower.

Next is we have a center bathroom and DW does not like the sun shining on her come morning. I have no issues but…. Oh well here is the fix. We made a foam insert in the shower dome. It insulates and blocks the light.

Here is the cushion. We use to use Velcro to hold it in, but stopped using that as it kept coming off the shower dome. So now we use a 1/8” shock cord. Works great.

Here is how the shock cord is laced.

And it clips on one end and the middle. The 3rd end is tied and stays in place all the time. To shower we just toss the cord over the shower door. I made the clips from normal nylon tubing fittings.

DW also made up foam cushions for all 3 roof vents. With a matching cloth cover to match the room it is in. This is the living area one. We did not know they sell these, so we made them. They also help insulate in the winter/summer.

And added another long towel rod. We put a wood dowel inside the square rod to stiffen up the long pole. It has to span from solid wood stud to stud

And what to do with the broom. This is the T2499. We have not yet mounted it in the T310SR. The center wall makes this not work in that camper.

Hope this maybe sparks some ideas of yours.

Happy Camping

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:49 AM   #2

SUN #296
RPierce
Some great ideas JohnB.
We have yet to use our shower and the places we have camper so far always have them. When I was replacing the floor this winter the wife mentioned taking out the tub and building a storage area. I was not real keen on that idea. I like the idea of having the shower if we ever needed it.
Now looking at your post I really like what you did and think I will do the same. As I have a tub I will have to build a cover for the tub out of plywood with a support system in the tub. Cover it with carpet as you did so it wont scratch the tub. Then I could put in a drawer unit for each of my kids to put thier cloths in. I have next weekend off so I guess I will be busy in the garage.

1994 Sunline Solaris T2670
2002 2500HD Chev D-max

https://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1...gely005pm5.jpg
RPierce is offline   Reply With Quote