Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-31-2019, 10:19 PM   #1

SUN #8893
Thomascine is an unknown quantity at this point
T1550 Bathroom Sink

Hello, any T1550 owners that did away with the bathroom sink? I am hoping it will make using the shower a little easier.

Thanks,
Tommie

Old 04-01-2019, 06:53 AM   #2

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
If yours is like my T1700 nothing will make the shower easier! I'm only 6' and standing in a goldfish bowl with my head on the ceiling is not my ideal of fun! I was even thinking of a way to get rid of the tub/shower but there was just too much junk under it to make room for a flat floor shower.

Old 04-01-2019, 07:58 AM   #3

SUN #8893
Here is an old picture of the bathroom. I am hoping that if the sink is removed, it will create a tad bit more elbow room to turn around. The sink is a 10"x10". I would need to do something with the drain pipe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pic6.jpg (95.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Pic8.jpg (61.2 KB, 13 views)
Old 04-01-2019, 11:02 AM   #4

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh that's far better than mine you can actually stand up! Mine has a sit down tub with a flat area of about a foot square that sits on a styrofoam block about 2" thick. I would kill for something like yours. The plumbing parts are available just cut the drainpipe off close to the wall and cap it. Because it will have no trap it will have to have a cap.
Old 04-02-2019, 01:54 PM   #5

SUN #8893
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainah View Post
Oh that's far better than mine you can actually stand up! Mine has a sit down tub with a flat area of about a foot square that sits on a styrofoam block about 2" thick. I would kill for something like yours. The plumbing parts are available just cut the drainpipe off close to the wall and cap it. Because it will have no trap it will have to have a cap.
The shower area is about 21.5" x 21.5" and then the sink takes up about 10" of the elbow room but yeah I am able to stand up. I am only 5'5". My daughter is 5'8" and her head touches the ceiling when I have the little wooden bath mat in the shower floor which may be an inch high.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:11 PM   #6

SUN #8814
dlschreiner is an unknown quantity at this point
We removed ours cut the drain pipe in the storage compartment on the outside and cap it off you can clue a cap on or use a rubber cap with a clamp. You will need to remove a small piece of paneling in that compartment then it easily can be reattached , you will end up with a 2” round hole and screws holes in the wall the screw hole can be filled with Caulk and you could put a blank outlet cover over the hole (you can put caulk on the back of the cover to seal) you may need to put a small board on the back side of the wall for cover screws in they end up in the hole. Or just remove the sink and drain trap drain coming out the shower wall then find something to cover the short piece of drain pipe sticking out the wall it will be about a inch.
I got a new facet with shower hose only then there’s no snot sticking out get on for a camper direct replacement
It’s easy and gives you a lot more room for all uses
Old 04-12-2019, 06:14 AM   #7

SUN #8893
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlschreiner View Post
We removed ours cut the drain pipe in the storage compartment on the outside and cap it off you can clue a cap on or use a rubber cap with a clamp. You will need to remove a small piece of paneling in that compartment then it easily can be reattached , you will end up with a 2” round hole and screws holes in the wall the screw hole can be filled with Caulk and you could put a blank outlet cover over the hole (you can put caulk on the back of the cover to seal) you may need to put a small board on the back side of the wall for cover screws in they end up in the hole. Or just remove the sink and drain trap drain coming out the shower wall then find something to cover the short piece of drain pipe sticking out the wall it will be about a inch.
I got a new facet with shower hose only then there’s no snot sticking out get on for a camper direct replacement
It’s easy and gives you a lot more room for all uses
Thanks for the information! I will look into removing the sink when I start repairing the back wall which should be sometime next month. I think I would prefer cutting off at the wall. That way if I decide later that I want it back in, it will be easier to hook up. Will have to see how it goes. Thanks again.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:35 AM   #8

SUN #6257
JerryJ is an unknown quantity at this point
We never used the shower or the sink, only the pooper (for middle of the night usage). But I kept everything original for resale purposes, nothing more. Too many campgrounds had full blown bathrooms and showers, so no worries. We mainly used our bathroom for extra light weight camping gear (Storage when traveling)

Jerry & Debbie
Ford Explorer 4.6 Triton V8, AWD, 4x4
1985 Sunline Saturn T-1350
Ham radio VE3JCJ, VHF, UHF and HF
JerryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:20 AM   #9

SUN #8893
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryJ View Post
We never used the shower or the sink, only the pooper (for middle of the night usage). But I kept everything original for resale purposes, nothing more. Too many campgrounds had full blown bathrooms and showers, so no worries. We mainly used our bathroom for extra light weight camping gear (Storage when traveling)

Yep, I use it for storage while traveling also but I do use the shower as well. Just not a lot of elbow room. My daughter even had a hard time and she is smaller than me.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do..." Mark Twain]
Thomascine is offline   Reply With Quote