Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-11-2017, 02:15 PM   #1

SUN #7990
BenB is an unknown quantity at this point
T-264SR Under Sink Storage

One of the reasons we love this floor plan is the huge counter and storage underneath. One problem under the sink is the water feed lines obstruct the storage space. Directly under the sink the line gets in the way of the trash can and sometimes would tip it with the door open. On the end the line also goes right in front of the door making it hard to load things in/out. I modified the lines for more clearance.

The second "problem" with so much open space is everything shifts while traveling. When not fully loaded it was a jumbled mess sometimes when arriving at the campsite. I built a divider to create sections to better organize the space and keep things from shifting.

This is factory water line routing, it is a little hard to tell, but the cold line actually comes out toward the cabinet door into the space where the trash can goes. If you look in the next picture on the left you can see it a little better.

Shown from the end of the cabinet access door, lines hangs way over the shelf.

I cut the lines, and added two 90 degree PEX fittings in each to move them out of the way. I added some pipe insulation to keep the fitting from banging on the bottom of the sink.

Much better clearance now. I purposely put some downhill pitch in them so that water would drain out better when winterizing.

Now that the water lines are out of the way, I built a two piece divider for the cabinet, shown here on the workbench. These were built with 1/4" faced veneer plywood and basic 3/4" pine boards.

Installed it creates an nook next to the trash can for bags and cleaners.

The end door now has a smaller section.

The larger section is accessed from the side under the bar overhang.

Current Camper: 2006 Sunline T-264SR
Previous Camper: 1998 Coleman Mesa
Tow Vehicle: 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 2500, 8.1L, 4X4
DirecLink Brake Controller, Draw-Tite Ultra Frame Receiver, Reese HP Trunnion Bar Hitch W/ HP DC
BenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:37 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
This came out well Ben. The water lines for sure. Amazing what a little organization to a mega area can be.

The T264SR is a popular floor plan. Many folks have them. Thanks for taking the time to post. It will help many in the future.

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:26 PM   #3

SUN #5411
happytocamp is an unknown quantity at this point
Again....Nicely done!
2005 GMC Yukon

happytocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:03 AM   #4

SUN #37
vcrt is an unknown quantity at this point
I think any one of us campers could have stepped in at the factory to say "wait, can't you move those hoses over there so they're not blocking good storage space?". But, I suppose economics was more of a concern to them than functionality sometimes.

Good work Ben.
Rich
vcrt is offline   Reply With Quote