Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 01-08-2007, 09:39 PM   #1

SUN #114
pamwinn
Sunline 1950 need help hanging LCD TV

Hi everyone, I have an LCD TV that I would like to hang on the bedroom shirt closet so we can watch from bed. It fit's perfectly and it weighs only 11 lbs. The cabinet seems like it is foam sandwiched between veneer and we are afraid to hang the TV. Is there anyway to do this without damaging the cabinet or making it look really ugly inside?
Thanks,
Pam[/i]

Old 01-09-2007, 09:30 AM   #2

SUN #128
Tweety
There are wood rafters in the roof. How about hanging it from the ceiling near the closet? That's what Sunline does in the QUE.

2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 04:42 PM   #3

SUN #114
pamwinn
Hi Quetse,

Thanks for the response. We drove all the way from GA to PA with the intention of getting a QUE. We had even ordered an extra set of cushions...same color so we could convert the bed into 2 twins that sheets would fit. We arrived and changed our minds at the last minute and drove away with the 1950...decided we wanted a wee bit more space and a dedicated bed. I sure do love the Que's though. In all the Ques, I saw, the outlet's for the TV were in the ceiling but the TV was hung from the closet cabinet. It also seemed that the cabinet was mor solid than the one in the 1950. The TV we want to hang has a base that converts from wall mount to tabletop stand with the push of a button so if we mount it on the wall and decide we want to watch it from the sofa (not real likely, but you never know) we can take it off the wall and put it on the swingaway TV tray in these trailers. It really is the perfect TV for this set-up and it is absolutely perfect in size...as big as possible with 1/8 inch to spare so it won't show unless we want it to.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:42 AM   #4

SUN #128
Tweety
Our QUE doesn't have the TV option. I just remembered seeing the RE QUE & thought the TV was hanging from the ceiling. Since I didn't really look that closely I'm sure you're right that it was mounted on the side of the wall. We wanted a coat hook bar on the side of our wardrobe, & there is indeed no wood there. There is a small strip of wood along the ceiling inside the closet. We screwed a larger strip to that then screwed the coat hooks to the new strip. Perhaps you could add some sort of frame on the inside of your shirt closet where it wouldn't show, then hang your TV on the outside - screwing through the existing wall into the new frame. I'm curious. Were you getting the RE or SE, & how were you going to make 2 twin beds? We're going to try the double sleeping bag with zip out sheets for sleeping. I do think it's silly how they made the bed in the SE so that sheets don't fit on the cushions. I would have had a 2363 or 1950 if we had the tow vehicle for it. That was our plan, but when Sunline went out of business we decided not to wait until we needed a new vehicle, because the one thing we knew from trailer shopping was that it was going to be a Sunline
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:21 PM   #5

SUN #114
pamwinn
We were getting the Que RE. We had 2 sets of cushions and we tried this out in the lot to make sure it worked...then changed to the 1950. The 2 side cushions are short but the cushion across the front is full length. We were going to remove the short side cushions and use the long cushions from the 2 sets on the sides...they fit perfectly. It left a space in the middle of the front that we were going to attach a piece of formica(to match the counters) or cherry (to match the cabinets) to create a night stand between the 2 beds. It was a perfect fit with the double sets of cushions. Butler probably still has our extra set if you are interested. They were $300.00 which I though was a great deal. It included the pillows and door trim kits too.

The cushions in the RE were not made so sheets would fit correctly either. That's why it took 2 sets of cushions. I have no idea why Sunline did it that way and would probably change if they continued to make the QUE's not only would it make the bed more versitile, it would probably coast less to manufacture them in that configuration.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:52 PM   #6

SUN #1399
BigEd6134 is an unknown quantity at this point
try a full swivel mount tv stand under the closet where it was originally designed at. Attached to the wall between the sink and the bed.