Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-02-2006, 11:14 AM   #1

SUN #34
Divebmbr
Speaker swap

Got my 264 sr home on Weds. The first thing I did was change out the speakers in the living room with Infinity Kappa 5.25". They sound a lot better than the stock.

Looking for another pair to put in the bedroom

Reese DC
Divebmbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 03:21 PM   #2

SUN #39
leather
I'd welcome any recommendations you could make regarding speakers. I'm getting ready to order a new 1950. They are small and I'm not sure what kind. I presume you had to cut them in - how hard was it? ANuy suggestions are appreciated.

Old 09-06-2006, 07:39 AM   #3

SUN #34
Divebmbr
I would guess that Sunline uses the same sound system set up in most of their trailers. If they do it was very easy. The speakers installed now are 5 1/4 inch. You have to pop the white grill off and measure.

I removed the 6 screws holding them in place. I popped the wires off. They had connectors the fit right on to the new speakers. I used 4 of the original screws and secured the new speakers in place. Turned the power on and Voila, that was that......

Let me know if that helps or not. I could send pics if there is any confusion....
Reese DC
Divebmbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 03:57 PM   #4

SUN #256
Bobo
Another idea to do in the new 2499. I was a little disappointed in the sound quality of the factory system. Found a sale on Polk coaxes at Circuit City, buy one pair, 1/2 off the second set. For $145, the improvement is fantastic. It allows the Audiovox system to show what it can do.

The only question that I have is when I removed the right rear speaker(closest to the door), I found a water line running in the ceiling, parellel to the length of the coach. The only thing that I can think of is a drain line for the AC? Anyone concur?

Thanx,

Bobo

2001 Coleman Utah
2006 Sunline T-2499
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote