Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 12-04-2006, 03:36 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Some of Kittys' mods

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it's been a while since I had the 1950. But, the bungee from the door to the awning arm is about the best solution for that problem. "IF" I remember correctly, I installed the toilet tissue holder inside the cabinet door, and just left a bit of the paper hang over the top of the door so folks would know where it was. I also put an extension rod across (side to side) the rear of the shower stall for added towel drying space. I still use the mini-bungee on the paper towel roll. Small spring tension rods in medicine cabinet to keep things in place. That non-slip stuff sold at dollar stores to line the cabinet shelves with. In my 2499 I had the oven deleted, so I have added a slide out basket. I have a Black & Decker 18V cordless drill for lowering/raising the stabalizer jacks , now all I do is snug them up with the hand crank. I have transfered my power tongue jack from Sunny to Sunny many times, that is one item I would no way be WITHOUT Not sure for the door window, but maybe one of those static cling thingies that parents use in cars to keep sun out of baby face? Or, how about a small/tiny cafe curtain rod mounted right abouve the door with a homemade rollup fabric shade. I am currently in the process of replacing the "hard" side jabots in the 2499 with curtains. The jabots are too dang easy to bump when sitting in the chair or on the sofa, thus you pull the screws out of the wall.. Bought some nice tab-top cafe curtains from Pennys that match one of the colors in the upholstery, so I will install cafe rods under the valances, remove the jabots, and hang new curtains, then I will take fabric from the jabot and convert it to tiebacks for the new curtains. Since I ordered "NO CARPET" I bought some very nice throw rugs from Wally World, that really matched the brown upholstery. I have also bought from the dollar store, those under the bed containers on wheels, I use them in the storage compartment. I have 6 of them, 2 rows of 3, across the width of Sunny, I use the awning wand to reach the 2nd and 3rd one in each row. Each one contains similar use items. I purchased the keyholder/corkboard from Camping World, color matches very well, and I have it mounted right inside the door. Have a wireless thermometer, removed that "LOUD" ticking Sunline clock and replaced it with a nice polished pewter looking digital atomic one. No longer need to be setting a clock as I change time zones. Clock was about 20 bux at WalMart. I made a vinyl draw-string cover for the head of the power jack, don't have to remove it as I can locate the button by feeling for it. Also have one of those umbilical cord holder thingies attached to the power jack, so that the plug end is alway stored with the contact ends pointed downward. I'm sure there is more, but that's all I can think of right now.
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote