Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-25-2006, 02:17 PM   #1

SUN #6
sunny
Shades vs. Mini-blinds?

What do people think about the pull down shades as copared to mini-blinds? I like the pull down shades on my trailer for the darkening ability, but I think I would prefer min-blinds so there is some adjustment. Not just up or down, which is what I have with the shades right now.

Old 09-05-2006, 03:15 PM   #2

SUN #39
leather
Sorry we can't be of any help. We have the same question since we will likely be ordering a 1950 real soon. Appreciate any insights or suggestions that anyone has. Thanks

Old 09-07-2006, 09:17 PM   #3

SUN #34
Divebmbr
I had the same question until this weekend. Looking at a Class A at the campground I found 2 good reason to have the shades. 1. I like how it darkens the the inside. 2. I like how it darkens the outside. At night it keeps your light in and less disturbing to others that might be parked near by.

I have the mini blinds. So I think I have decided to order after market day/night shades for the bedroom and leave the rest. That way I can keep the BR a little darker. I am going to start there and see how I like it. If I really like it than I'll do the rest but the initial investment won't be so costly.

Just my opinion.....
Reese DC
Divebmbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:03 AM   #4

SUN #58
gracee
I prefer the shades. They are easy to remove, easy to clean, and have the benefits of room darkening. Our are over 15 years old on our Sunline and still work perfectly. I think blinds can get bent, etc. Shades are better!
Old 10-01-2006, 08:04 AM   #5

SUN #62
rich2500
our trailer came with blinds and as metioned above they get bent very easy I'm going to be removing the blinds and installing shades,because I'm tired off straightening them out every time one of the kids bumps them.
01 F-250 V-10 4x4 Lariat supercab SB auto 4:30 LS
draw-tite 1200# trunnion wd,friction sway control,prodigy
happy camping Rich,Maryellen,Josh and Jake
https://www.campingpa.com/
rich2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 07:02 AM   #6

SUN #49
tikibob
We have the day/night shades and I wouldn't trade em! When we want to see out, they are open, when we want light with some privacy, we just use the sheer part of the shade and in the evening, for complete privacy and darkness, we use the thickest portion of the shade. Our preference is the shades over blinds, which we find more noisy with every bump.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:10 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Sahdes VS Mini-blinds

When I ordered my '06 T-2499 I deleted the mni-blinds and had cream colored day/night shades installed. I don't ever want mini-blinds again. Many folks think they get more privacy with mini-blinds, well, have you ever looked at a rig with an interior light on that has mini-blinds while your out taking a night time walk, you can see a very good shadow of everything inside the rig, including people, not as private as you'd think they would be. They tend to bend, and if your rig is not really stabalized to avoid "all" motion, they will rattle. I prefer my day/night shades, I can choose the sheer shade section or the total shade section, but I'm guessing that someone could see into the unit at night if I have a light on, kinda hard for me to be inside and outside looking in at the same time. The shades look a bit more upscale than blinds, more color choices and filter the sun better IMHO.
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:28 PM   #8

SUN #115
emam
I agree with Kitty. I couldnt stand the way they rattle when the trailer isnt perfectly level. We have the shades and I think they look better, do a better job of blocking the light and are much quiter. But then again thats just my opinion.

I'd order them again if I was to get a new TT.

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:48 AM   #9

SUN #230
sewfancy
Well, I guess I'm odd man (woman) out because I prefer the mini-blinds. We had the day/night shades on our fifth wheel and they were a pain. It was a constant fight to make them stay up when I wanted them up. Mine had cords that were wound on a spool at the bottom and these were constantly losing their tension and the blinds wouldn't stay up. Maybe it was just that particular brand, but I didn't like mine. I have 2" wide plantation blinds on every window of my home which may also be why I prefer blinds in my camper.

Patricia
Old 04-26-2007, 11:01 AM   #10

SUN #128
Tweety
Our QUE has these awsome shades. I don't know if they're the same ones that the larger Sunlines have. They pull up from the bottom, and not only provide darkening and privacy, they are insulating. I'd never trade them for miniblinds.
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:34 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
If/When I ever have a real problem with my day/night shades, I know what I'll use as replacements. I will get the old-fashioned roller shades. You can get may colors / designs cut to fit thru JC Penny.They are easy to install, easy to adjust the tension and easy to clean and will last for years.

Kitty

Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote