Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-11-2009, 08:21 PM   #21

SUN #114
pamwinn
I honestly cannot comprehend how that is possible.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:13 AM   #22

SUN #680
dkasten39828 is an unknown quantity at this point
Pamwinn, we are relative newbies to the travel trailer... ooops, I mean coach world. We had a popup before this with no bathroom.

Our 2499 has slightly bigger tanks than yours. With three of us camping, we filled the black water tank to 1/2-full (according to the sensors) on a longer 4 day weekend where we just did not use the campground's bath house. So we don't expect a problem with the black water tank filling up on us under normal circumstances over a regular weekend trip.

The gray water tank got filled up on that trip, but that was because a teenager washed the dishes for us one night and let the water run... like she does at home I guess. So we had to dump the gray tank with our Tote.

I have a 27-gallon Tote Tank we use just for gray water. I'm used to using these tanks... we had a 15-gallon one with the popup. It caught all our sink water. These Totes are great.

I know people who have TWO Tote Tanks... one of them used for black water. They say they only bring that one on longer trips. They always bring the gray water one. They say they just love their longer showers, so they have to dump the gray tank on weekends.

5.3 liter V8, 3.73LS, Prodigy, Hensley Arrow
2004 Sunline Solaris SE T-2499 #5527
dkasten39828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:49 PM   #23

SUN #114
pamwinn
I am starting to think the sensors must really be messed up. I am going to try some of the different things I have read here and elsewhere about trying to get them clean. Thanks for all the responses.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:17 PM   #24

SUN #292
Honda03842 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sensors

I find it's possible to clean the sensors but they seem to quickly fail again, particularly the black tank.

It initially bothered me when we first started RVing but after a while one gets a feel for water usage. In 8 years we have had the gray tank over flow about six times just slightly into the tub/shower necessitating a quick dump.

In 8 years of 8 month a year RVing we've never filled the black tank, the closest we came was the test we ran in an earlier posting. The advantage of the black tank is that you can visually see when it's getting full.

When dry camping we tend to be more careful with water usage. Actually since most people start dry camping with a full tank of water, it provides a good measure of your water usage and how full your tanks are.

We have took two grand kids to Denali, camping at the 30 mile marker where there's only dry camping, and were amazed how long showers lasted - 100 gallons last us four days and nights.

Norm Milliard
1982 Sunline 15.5 SB
2004 Honda CRV
Old 03-14-2009, 03:49 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #395
HappyCampers is an unknown quantity at this point
DW and I can stay in our coach for close to two weeks without dumping the "crapper tank", and I drink a lot of beer. It's actually reccomended to dump the black tank when its as close to full as you can.

2003 F-304SR (Last Sunline "The Big One")
1985 T-1650 (Current Sunline)
2004.5 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9 HO Cummins
HappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote