Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-30-2011, 07:31 PM   #1

SUN #1508
quaddriver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to quaddriver
question about converters

While going over my 'SOB', I note that it has the infamous Magnatek 6300 converter, a newer slightly weaker followon to the BW3240 my sunny had. same lame-o 3A charger.

I had noted that some had replaced the converters with high output units with smart chargers in them. Even tho this Class-C is much bigger than my ex-satellite, it seems the builders figure a driving one will spend less time parked than a trailer - which may or maynot be true but I still wanna boondock it but the electrical supply is less - 32A vs 40

40A is a good target of clean power, and Id like a real battery charger or i wire in my 2 channel super charger....(10 amps per channel, on this one since it has battery boost Id have 1 channel run the dual group 24s and the other keep up the chassis battery.)

suggestions?

btw, heard from the ACoE rangerette, kelletville is trying to open 4/15 for fishing season. Fresh cuppa hot coffee for all sunny owners who visit....