Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-11-2018, 09:36 AM   #1

SUN #10390
Ghostlee93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Putting my own spin on 89 sunline satellite 22' (all for free)

Full time in the Sunline

Some times it's hell on wheels in this beast but at the end of the day it's
rewards are always evident. Peace, comfort (No thanks to original design), relief of overpriced bills, and of course freedom!

25 yo who has wanted to live mobile since I was 13. Family always said I was crazy, and...... they are right! Lol. But myself and I get a long quite well so it all works out in the end. Slowly but surely tailoring the satelite to fit my living habits/routines. Started with deck removal and reframing of rear room (was a bit of a chore) luckily I am an ex convict and was left with only construction jobs available ftmp, cause all my building skills have made all of the difference in this remod.

Oh, did I mention I don't spend a dime on any projects..... yep, everything is scrapped, found, gifted, or picked from a dumpster. I only use what is strong or otherwise in good to great condition but the materials are more common than you might think. See that couch..... well sunline had the weak/borderline dangerous "pull out" and pass through storage. It was rotted to hell so when I was reinforcing it at first I changed my mind, tossed it and used a gym locker (laid horizontal) in place of it. A bit more weight but also has plenty of lockable organization space and most of all..strength. relocated clean water tank and hot water heater adding tons of space to the bedroom, pushed the acordian door to be parallel with edge of fridge and bathroom doors As well. carpet in back room, waiting on the hard floor to find me for the front.

There are tons of things I have changed that you can't see or wouldn't notice unless I pointed out. I'll try and get some photos up here soon to show the more unique changes, give you something to inspire or if nothing else have a good laugh. Appreciate the love in the sunline family.

Keep on trucking friends, but don't forget to stop and enjoy the sun 😉

(Wish I had more project relevant pictures for you at the moment.)

Also does anyone have a suggestion as a permanent replacement option for the window to the right of the door? Thought of a 12volt window ac setup to use at night to keep the ceiling monster quiet as often as possible but not set on anything yet. The sky is the limit as far as ideas go.
Also in process of removing tub & bathroom sink/cabinets to add more floor space to bedroom. Who tf needs two sinks in a 20 by 8 rolling hallway,lol. And there is a million places to shower and in case of emergency there is rain water filtration and collection in process for exterior rear gravity flow shower head.

(Located in central Florida 40 minutes from multiple beaches.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180721_081800.jpg (46.1 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg 20180612_130708-COLLAGE.jpg (145.2 KB, 64 views)

Old 08-12-2018, 06:20 PM   #2

SUN #849
J&A Lima Oh
1983 T 2103 Disassembled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostlee93 View Post
Full time in the Sunline

Some times it's hell on wheels in this beast but at the end of the day it's
rewards are always evident. Peace, comfort (No thanks to original design), relief of overpriced bills, and of course freedom!

25 yo who has wanted to live mobile since I was 13. Family always said I was crazy, and...... they are right! Lol. But myself and I get a long quite well so it all works out in the end. Slowly but surely tailoring the satelite to fit my living habits/routines. Started with deck removal and reframing of rear room (was a bit of a chore) luckily I am an ex convict and was left with only construction jobs available ftmp, cause all my building skills have made all of the difference in this remod.

Oh, did I mention I don't spend a dime on any projects..... yep, everything is scrapped, found, gifted, or picked from a dumpster. I only use what is strong or otherwise in good to great condition but the materials are more common than you might think. See that couch..... well sunline had the weak/borderline dangerous "pull out" and pass through storage. It was rotted to hell so when I was reinforcing it at first I changed my mind, tossed it and used a gym locker (laid horizontal) in place of it. A bit more weight but also has plenty of lockable organization space and most of all..strength. relocated clean water tank and hot water heater adding tons of space to the bedroom, pushed the acordian door to be parallel with edge of fridge and bathroom doors As well. carpet in back room, waiting on the hard floor to find me for the front.

There are tons of things I have changed that you can't see or wouldn't notice unless I pointed out. I'll try and get some photos up here soon to show the more unique changes, give you something to inspire or if nothing else have a good laugh. Appreciate the love in the sunline family.

Keep on trucking friends, but don't forget to stop and enjoy the sun 😉

(Wish I had more project relevant pictures for you at the moment.)

Also does anyone have a suggestion as a permanent replacement option for the window to the right of the door? Thought of a 12volt window ac setup to use at night to keep the ceiling monster quiet as often as possible but not set on anything yet. The sky is the limit as far as ideas go.
Also in process of removing tub & bathroom sink/cabinets to add more floor space to bedroom. Who tf needs two sinks in a 20 by 8 rolling hallway,lol. And there is a million places to shower and in case of emergency there is rain water filtration and collection in process for exterior rear gravity flow shower head.

(Located in central Florida 40 minutes from multiple beaches.)
I have a window that may fit your 17 x 44 frame, mine has an opening it fits into that is 16 1/2 high, 43 1/4 Wide, needs new seals, it is an escape hatch & window, I am I Ohio but coming to Georgia Tuesday 8/14/2018.

Old 08-13-2018, 08:10 AM   #3

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome!
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 04:20 PM   #4

SUN #10833
Rennie is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks nice! I like your lights in the cabinets too! Good for you! Sounds like you can handle anything thrown your way! Happy trails!