Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 01-21-2007, 10:31 PM   #1

SUN #115
emam
New Cabinet in the Living Room of our 2499

I know Kitty has shown how she had a cabinet built around her Television in the living room of her 2499. I was already in the process of building this baby and finally have her finished. With the help of a very skilled Brother-in-Law, we were able to match the wood and look of the original almost so closely, you now think the factory doors are fake?!

The black thing you see on the right is my cpu which houses the DVD and sound system. I was able to hook up to the the stock radio in the Aux. Inputs so the stereo can play through-out the Coach from my CPU. The 23" Plasma is mounted to the wall behind it and swivels around so many ways, you could be sitting outside and watch the Television (NO LIE!) The Plasma also acts as the monitor for the cpu. The middle cabinet that used to always be open, well we made a door for it and hinged it so it swings down. That houses the wireless key board and mouse for the cpu.

We took the original counter top off and moved it to the top of the new cabinet so it maintained the look of the kitchen counter top and the dining table. By doing this, we gained so much usable space that I cant believe anyone wouldnt go through the work it involved. It only took us a few days of tinkering to complete everything. I think the longest part was matching up the stain. A skilled carpentar could finish the wood working part of it in an afternoon.

Also, the bottom cabinet has a center piece of wood that acts as a backstop for the two doors. I wanted to hide my Klipsch subwoofer for the sound system somewhere and thought that I'd have to put it behind the rocker Then I noticed the center piece of wood was only screwed in and once I took it out, I could install the sub, put the wood back and hide all the wiring in the cabinet.

For more pictures check out our site at http://www.everymilesamemory.com/gal...p?g2_itemId=39
there is a ton of shots on there of the complete install

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 05:52 AM   #2

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
That is just beautiful! Nice job!

We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:24 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
WOW, what a fantastic job. You sure did make it look original. I don't know why Sunline deleted the full cabinet starting with the 2006s, but I'm glad I had mine added back in and I can sure tell your very very happy with having yours. It looks wonderful and very useful.
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:04 PM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Eman

You did an outstanding job. Looks Great!! H'mm that give me even some more ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Also being a T2499 owner, it's neat to see what Sunline has done to the model and what folks have done with them. Mine does not have that style entertainment center. Mine goes floor to ceiling like Kitty was talking about.

You also talked about the center post on the cabinets just being screwed in. Yes ours is as well. In fact I took that one step further. Since Sunline was so exact in making the cabinets, there is no glue on the center posts, just screwed in.

We found we where always fighting the center posts trying to get something in and out of the cabinet. So I experimented on 1 door of attaching the post to the door and swing it. Just had to trim the overall length by about 1/16” and attach on left side. Well after doing 1, all the rest in the camper followed.

Here is the Pre 2007 Ent Center

I also added a longer shelf in the lower one for shoes. DW on top, mine on the bottom. The center post attached to door.

Closer pic of post attached to door

The nice part of this Sunline forum is seeing what others have done with thier Sunline. Which is really cool

Thanks again for sharing.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:29 PM   #5

SUN #114
pamwinn
Beautiful job on the cabinets. Where did you get the wood?
Old 01-23-2007, 04:55 AM   #6

SUN #115
emam
Thanks for all the compliments!! Like I said, I'm lucky to have a Brother that is skilled in woodworking. We both thought about attaching the center post to one of the doors like you talked of JohnB, I think that'll be the next option.

The wood was all just standard wood from a Home Depot that we picked. Like I said, the paneling on the cabinets is a pine look-a-like, but my doors were a hard wood Maple. I didnt want to use all Maple because Pine is so much cheaper, so now the new doors match the entire cabinet and the original doors look like something that was added afterwards.

I love to see what everyone else is doing inside thier coach. It helps give ideas and lets you think up new things to do. Keep the additions coming.

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote