Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-29-2008, 01:23 PM   #1

SUN #385
Hematite
Mattress topper Supreme!!!

Now that my 2499 is repaired, I decided to address the VERY stiff mattress. I didn't want to replace it because it is a very good mattress, albeit a bit stiff. I did some research and while a lot of people like memory foam toppers for the mattress, there are some problems. The biggest is the fact that you are sleeping on a bed topped with petrochemicals (foam). Nothing natural about that at all. Particularly in the closed space of a TT, I don't want to be exposed to the off-gassing of foam. Actually, all the memory foam toppers tell you to let it air out for 48 hours before using it and even then there are many complaints about the noxious fumes.

I decided that natural fibers and hypo- allergenic polyester filling was going to work for me. Did a lot more research and found what I wanted, finally. Therapedic pillow top fiberbed mattress topper. Made in the USA of 400 thread count cotton with hypo-allergenic polyester fill and machine washable! The only one I could find with all those qualities! I could only find it available at Bed Bath and Beyond. Bought the Queen size because my 2499 has a full size queen not the standard RV queen. The photos show right after it came from the package. It was highly compressed in the packaging. If you buy one and change your mind about using it DON'T remove it from the package, you'll never get it back in once you break the seal and remove it.

Absolutely no odors and sheer heaven to lie on even before the bedding is added. I'll let you know how it does once I've used it some.

2007 Ford F150 FX4 Supercab 4x4, 5.4 FFV engine, 3.73LS.
Hematite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:35 PM   #2

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks comfy !
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote