Keeping it simple...Sunline T1661 wiring to vehicle.
Well, I started working on the wiring issue about a three days ago. For the last two days, I've been battling the heat here in Reading, Pa because it's been in the high 90's and very humid.
Anyway, I was struggling at first to hook up the female seven blade connector to my 2001 Ford Escape which would run to the 7 blade male end on the RV. I replaced the the female end on the RV and put in some new conduit and then I bought an adapter kit from Lowes that actually plugs into the 4 way wiring system already in my tow package, leaving the reverse, brake and auxilary power lines needing wired.
When I initially hooked up the 4 pin adapter end from the Lowes kit, I kept getting issues with the lights. I took a look at the adapter end on the line coming from the vehicle and I realized there was a rusted out pin which carries the current for the auxillary lights.
With all of this mind, I shopped around a bit looking for a new wiring harness for the Escape to make a good connection to the RV. I found out that some people carried them and wanted $30.00 for the harness. I skipped the expense and spliced the the harness from the Escape to the Lowes connector by cutting off the plug ends and matching the appropriate wires to function and color and connecting them together via butt connectors and then wrapping the entire line with electrical tape.
Overall, I spent $10.00 on the repair which saved me $20.00. I ate the cost of the new male end coming off the RV but I knew that was going to happen because all the connectors inside the pig tail were rusted and worn. One actually broke completely off.
Next step is to get the brake controller ready and wired in. I have to wire in a 20 amp auto reset circuit breaker then run the lines through the interior molding on the Escape to the rear end where I'll tie them into the female adapter plug.
Once the break controller and reverse lights are rigged properly on the Escape to the rear end. I'll then recordinate my efforts to align and test the wires coming from the RV to make sure they're in the appropriate place and then I can finish testing lights on the RV for propper function.
Hoping to have this done by the mid weekend.