Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-19-2007, 11:29 AM   #1

SUN #193
DAVID COOPER
If I only had a slide

I didn't know squat about trailers when I bought my Sunline but have sinced learned that I got one heck of a trailer for the price I paid and have gotten quite attached to my trailer. I "rescued" my then 5 y.o. Solaris after it had sat for a couple of years under a tree in an rv park, where it sat empty for most of the year. After several years of neglect, my Solaris returned to the road where it belongs after some much needed tlc and minor repairs.

I have a rear kitchen solaris t2570. The only thing I could possibly think to do to improve this thing is probably impossible, but I would add a sofa slide out so people can pass each other easier when moving from front to back. I can't bring myself to part with a great trailer and a big chunk of cash to buy a newer trailer with a slide. Therefore, I am content.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:00 PM   #2

SUN #196
tinybluetj
There is an RV repair place in Richmond (VA) (not a dealer, but a stand alone repair/ resto place) They say they can do just about anything. If you really want one, it might be worth looking into! I am sure there are other resto places around that might do it!

Old 03-19-2007, 02:38 PM   #3

SUN #193
DAVID COOPER
I was pretty much just dreaming tongue in cheek because I really find it hard to improve my trailer otherwise.

I guess it could be done however there is so much mechanical under that sofa that would have to be relocated (hvac & plumbing) I think I have a better chance of screwing up a perfectly good trailer by moving all that stuff around.

I keep telling my wife families need to be closer anyway. My local rv dealer doesn't like the way I think. He wants me to buy a new Suunybrook.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:35 PM   #4

SUN #115
emam
Of course he wants you to BUY a new Sunnybrook.

Tell him with the value of your beloved Sunline, you'll trade him fair and square if he really wants a deal

You sound like my wife how walks around looking at the other campers, some with 5 SLIDES and comes back with total slide envy (That's what she calls it) I just tell her that we never have to worry about leaking seals, burned out motors or all that extra room to fill with chotchkey.

I'd say after having a slide put in aftermarket, good luck if it starts leaking or anything goes wrong. After going to the Sunline facility and seeing all the work that goes into the trailers to make sure they dont leak, something like that would be a nightmare to put in afterwards.

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:29 AM   #5

SUN #196
tinybluetj
Yep, I had the same maintenence thoughts about the slides. I think they are great, and offer a lot of extra room, but I am worried that they are just one more thing to break, leak, or somehow affect the trailer. Since it is just the two of us, we opted to go without slides. Those units with all those slides do look nice, however......