Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-10-2007, 05:45 AM   #1

SUN #187
precorguy
Fall/Winter --- modifications thinking time - plan?

hi all:

well unfortunately fall and winter are coming --- and so is the end of our camping season up here in Canada

so i have been thinking of things that i would like to research for modification to the sunline --- we have a 2553

yesterday, i opened up the underside of the couch where the water pump is and did a few thing ---- insulated the water pipes to reduce noise, reworked the furnace duct work so that i could get at the water pump, reworked the water tank inlet pipe --- it was pointed up from the outside inlet area and i was having a devil of a time getting bleach into the tank to sanitize it.

so now i want to finish insulating the water pipes behind all the cupbords - where ever i can get at them.

one modification that i would like to do:

>>> add a 12 volt line in the same area as where the trailer cord comes out --- we have a couple of 12v outside lights that we use when we don't have shore power ---- also would be handy for the 12v water pump for filling the trailer and our solar panel.

>>> would like to add a shelf just above the drawers under the bed so that we can put stuff on top without causing problems opening/closing.

what are your suggestions for upcoming changes to your home away from home!

s ?

Old 09-10-2007, 07:41 PM   #2

SUN #43
Trailblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Not intending to Hijack this thread, but if you are already thinking camping season is over in Southern Ontario, you are missing some of the best camping weather and the one of the best times of the camping season. We camp from May through to November each year. The campgrounds are pretty empty, the days are warm and the evenings are cool making it great for sleeping. The bugs are gone and you can get some of the best sites in the provincial park system. Many of the people we camp with actually start in March while some others talk about doing a New Years Eve Camping trip. Every year at halloween we camp at the Pinery. Since you are in the London area, you are more than welcome to drop by and see us. It is always great to meet another Sunline owner.

Now back to your original post, we have also done the pipe insulation on the water lines inside the trailer. Some of the other mods you might want to consider which we have done are:

- Replacing the White center panels in the screen doors with clear panels
- Installing clear plexi glass over the door screens to allow you to keep the main door open and still keep either the heat or the cool air inside the trailer while still allowing the outside light in
- installed various hooks using the 3M command adhesive
- installed a Key hook board near the entrance door
- installed a power tongue jack
- installed a bargman connector keeper on the tongue of the trailer
- installed Maxx Air vent covers on all roof vents and used a black one in the bedroom to block out the bright light
- installed a shade on the bedroom door to prevent the morning bright light from waking us when sleep in
- added wireless speakers and transmitter to allow listen to the music from the CD player outside
- built a removable shelf to use on the outside J channel mounted on the trailer
-installed a removable clothes line on the rear bumper of the trailer for drying towels and etc.

Mods we are still looking at doing:

- building a removable two part counter top to go over the stove area to extend the available counter top space. The two part would allow us to remove the from portion of the unit to allow us to use the from burner on the stove while still keeping and using the back extension in place over the stove. When completed I will post a picture so what I explained can be better understood.

I have pictures of all of the above mods, but have not had time to post all of them on my website as I have been too busy camping. Here is the link to the pictures I have posted so far:

My Various Mods

I plan on have the balance of the pictures in the next few weeks.

I like your idea of the shelf over the bed drawers and would be interested in seeing a photo of the setup when you have it completed.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:59 AM   #3

SUN #187
precorguy
cool list --- we are camping at inverhuron over thanksgiving - we tried to get into the pinery but my partner told me it was all booked - so we moved a bit north.

we will camp until it gets cold enough to freeze things --- then we are in for the season ---- i just can't believe that we are at this point already ---- not to be wishing my time away - but feb/mar seems so far away!

like the list of mods you provided - very cool --- we have vent covers over the vents and i love them - can leave the vent open and no issues.

i like the idea of the bragman cord holder --- may have to work on that one myself.

thanks for the info!
Old 09-12-2007, 12:09 PM   #4

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by precorguy
i like the idea of the bragman cord holder --- may have to work on that one myself.
What is a bragman cord holder?
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:22 PM   #5

SUN #43
Trailblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy & Nana
Quote:
Originally Posted by precorguy
What is a bragman cord holder?
It unit is actually called a plug guard. I purchased mine at Camping World. Here is the link to the manufacturers website:

Plug Guard

Hope this helps
Old 09-12-2007, 08:18 PM   #6

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you for the explanation & link...now I know!

We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote