Not intending to Hijack this thread, but if you are already thinking camping season is over in Southern Ontario, you are missing some of the best camping weather and the one of the best times of the camping season. We camp from May through to November each year. The campgrounds are pretty empty, the days are warm and the evenings are cool making it great for sleeping. The bugs are gone and you can get some of the best sites in the provincial park system. Many of the people we camp with actually start in March while some others talk about doing a New Years Eve Camping trip. Every year at halloween we camp at the Pinery. Since you are in the London area, you are more than welcome to drop by and see us. It is always great to meet another Sunline owner.
Now back to your original post, we have also done the pipe insulation on the water lines inside the trailer. Some of the other mods you might want to consider which we have done are:
- Replacing the White center panels in the screen doors with clear panels
- Installing clear plexi glass over the door screens to allow you to keep the main door open and still keep either the heat or the cool air inside the trailer while still allowing the outside light in
- installed various hooks using the 3M command adhesive
- installed a Key hook board near the entrance door
- installed a power tongue jack
- installed a bargman connector keeper on the tongue of the trailer
- installed Maxx Air vent covers on all roof vents and used a black one in the bedroom to block out the bright light
- installed a shade on the bedroom door to prevent the morning bright light from waking us when sleep in
- added wireless speakers and transmitter to allow listen to the music from the CD player outside
- built a removable shelf to use on the outside J channel mounted on the trailer
-installed a removable clothes line on the rear bumper of the trailer for drying towels and etc.
Mods we are still looking at doing:
- building a removable two part counter top to go over the stove area to extend the available counter top space. The two part would allow us to remove the from portion of the unit to allow us to use the from burner on the stove while still keeping and using the back extension in place over the stove. When completed I will post a picture so what I explained can be better understood.
I have pictures of all of the above mods, but have not had time to post all of them on my website as I have been too busy camping. Here is the link to the pictures I have posted so far:
My Various Mods
I plan on have the balance of the pictures in the next few weeks.
I like your idea of the shelf over the bed drawers and would be interested in seeing a photo of the setup when you have it completed.