Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Modifications
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-14-2008, 08:52 AM   #1

SUN #599
Lode is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Lode
92 2053

Here's a picture collage of the new to me travel trailer.

A larger version is in the picture archives here on the site if you'd like a more close up view on the collage.

List of upgrades and maintenance items already purchased.

Sealing sheet metal screws(25 pack)-3
Mini Blinds-6
Por 15 Rust sealer-4qts
JVC CD/MP3 player
LED Marker lights(amber)-4
LED Marker lights(red)-7
Tail Lights(over 80" boat trailer-submersible)
Drawer liners
Battery Box
Silicone sealer(clear)
Picture Frames-2
Bearing kit-4
Bearing Buddy-2
Bearing Grease

Here's my 'wishlist'
-Electric Jack-Atwood 2500 Deluxe(I think the 3500lb is overkill for my TT)
-TV hanger for 20" LCD
-Tire(unmounted)-4 replacement tires
-Tire(mounted)-1 spare
-Awning replacement
-Axle leaf spring Stabilizers(I'll settle for the dexter kit)-the 'air shock' upgrade link someone posted looked awesome till I fell out of my chair when I looked at the cost... $1100!!!!... "and if money is no object... LOL"
-portable jack kit(wallyworld has a 3 ton floor jack that comes in it's own composite carrying case with LED lights on the lift foot)

If anyone has anything I'm missing that's is a 'can't do without' mod/upgrade/repair, I'd love to hear about it!

Thanks,
Jason

Old 05-14-2008, 09:05 AM   #2

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm beginning to wonder if this was a custom made coach for someone. It could be, and they just decided to name it the 2053.

There's also the possibility it was damaged at some time and the owners opted to fix it the way they wanted. Sunline, or someone else, then converted it the way the owners wanted. The taillights look a little different from the originals or the optional originals, and the logo and clearance lights look a little higher than normal. Also, the electrical hatch looks lower than normal and the side bedroom window looks quite small. I suppose it could have been what they had and they made it work though.

Jon

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:59 PM   #3

SUN #599
Lode is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Lode
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan
The taillights look a little different from the originals or the optional originals, and the logo and clearance lights look a little higher than normal.
Yes, the tail lights were replaced with over 80" width submersible boat trailer lights along with all the marker lights swapped to red/amber LEDs as soon as I got the rig home the 1st night. The LED's are about twice as wide as the OEM markers so that may give the appear as being a little higher. The logo in the rear is in much much better shape than the one up front, perhaps replaced at some point.

I decided to buy it having taken the previous owner's word 'the lights work fine'. When I went to pull it home after tranferring the title, of course, only the 4 ambers up front worked with the turns/brakes in the back also working. Anyone that has owned a few trailers in their life, especially boat trailers, can sympathize with how frustrating light short outs and wiring problems can be if you strive to be safe and in accordance with the law.

Jon, thanks for sharing your expertise with ideas as to how my trailer came about to have a model designation a year before the release of that model and a bedroom layout that seems to be custom.

Take care,
Jason
Old 05-14-2008, 10:08 PM   #4

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Jason,

I beginning to think that you have a custom one. I know that isn't the regular 2053. I finally got around to looking at my pics and I have four different '92 2053's and they've all got the rear island beds, small side windows, and offset back windows, just like the floorplan shows. There's also a distinct dropped down wardrobe cabinet that would be along the back wall in the left rear corner next to where the bed would have been, as well as a floor to ceiling closet I don't see in yours:

There's also a lot of other pics from two of the units here:
http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o.../1992%20T2053/

Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:40 AM   #5

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lode
Yes, the tail lights were replaced with over 80" width submersible boat trailer lights along with all the marker lights swapped to red/amber LEDs as soon as I got the rig home the 1st night. The LED's are about twice as wide as the OEM markers so that may give the appear as being a little higher.
The LED lights are so much better than standard incadescents! I have already added a second pair of stop/tail/turn fixtures to the back of our 2453. They are sealed, immersible units in a 6" oval style like you see on many trucks now. What a difference when you look at both fixtures flashing at the same time. The LED's are crisper (faster on/off with no warm up/cool down time) and much brighter. They really grab your eye at any distance.

As soon as budget permits, I will swap out the 1157's in the regular S/T/T fixtures for LED's and then replace all of the 194 bulbs in the clearance lights with LED's. They are mostly available on the internet, and a lot are cheap overseas knock-off's. I am looking for a local source, probably an auto parts store up in the city that carries a lot of stuff for trucks. Haven't had the chance to do that yet.

Using the LED S/T/T lights from Peterson or Grote (or other reliable US/Canadian supplier) that are manufatured for utility and boat trailers is a great idea. There are also some RV specific upgrades available, too, but they can get very pricey.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote