Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Owners Meet & Greet
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-22-2007, 05:16 PM   #1

SUN #238
MikeM
Southeast US owners out there?

Are there any Southeast US owners out there?

It would be nice to attend a group rally but PA is just too far right now

Maybe when closer to retirement but then I will probably in something else by then.

Real shame about Sunline going under, but it always comes down to the almighty $$$. Typically quality is not as important as price now a days for the normal weekend only camper. Hard to compete sometimes.

mike

Old 05-23-2007, 01:11 PM   #2

SUN #196
tinybluetj
Hey Mike, I am in southern VA. Yes, the PA rally is far, but that was the "most centrally located" (people wise) location. HOpefully as the forum grows, we will have enough people in enough locations to have several rallies!

Old 05-24-2007, 09:14 PM   #3

SUN #57
Richard
southeast owner

Hi Mike, I live in Leesburg Fl. I'll be passing thru Orange Park sometime during the last week of July. we'll be traveling about six weeks and am considering the get-together in Pa. one of our stops.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:09 PM   #4

SUN #231
Deb B
Mike,

We live just north of Atlanta. I was born in Palatka, Florida and hope to be there in Sept. Do you know anything about campgrounds around there?

Deb
Old 06-13-2007, 06:27 PM   #5

SUN #238
MikeM
Maybe at some point we can start small with a mini rally of SE members. Schedules are tough but you have to start somewhere.

Hi Deb

Depends on your plans for selecting a campground. The City of Jax has a campground at the beach. Went there for a TrailManor rally a couple of months ago. They are a little pricey but there are full hookups, close beach access, fishing/canoeing lake, bike trails, etc. The url is

http://www.coj.net/Departments/Parks...rk/default.htm

There also is a nice campground close to the interstate with full facilities, fishing lake, etc. The url is

http://www.flamingolake.com/

I mostly go to the state parks in myself in the area which are more affordable but do not have sewer hookups.

Let me know if there is any specific you want me to find out for you

mike
Old 06-14-2007, 04:23 PM   #6

SUN #308
hiller64
SouthEast Sunline owners

To all

I live in Piedmont Virgina, not southeast exactly but not up North ether. About 50 miles southwest of DC. Would love to attend a Sunline Rally some where in the South. What would it take to plan a rally event like that ?
Formerly a 2006 Sunline 2499 towed by a 2001 Toyota Tundra
hiller64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:03 PM   #7

SUN #219
What6308
Send a message via AIM to What6308 Send a message via Yahoo to What6308
Re: SouthEast Sunline owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiller64
To all

I live in Piedmont Virgina, not southeast exactly but not up North ether. About 50 miles southwest of DC. Would love to attend a Sunline Rally some where in the South. What would it take to plan a rally event like that ?
I grew up right around the corner in Fredericksburg. Still not that far from you though.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:05 PM   #8

SUN #231
Deb B
Mike,
Thanks for the information. I was wondering if you had ever heard of St. John's campground in East Palatka. I didn't know if it is in a safe area. Being close to Palatka and the river was a plus for us. Thanks, Deb
Old 06-26-2007, 07:21 PM   #9

SUN #328
bugbite
Emerald Coast Devotees?

We go to Destin FL in May each year we can. I highly recommend Topsail Hill State Park, Santa Rosa Beach.

Take a look at my album of 07 and 05.

Destin 07
Cool Runnings Silent and Swift
bugbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:10 PM   #10

SUN #196
tinybluetj
Re: SouthEast Sunline owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiller64
To all

if you plan it, they will come!

(corny, but true!)
Old 06-29-2007, 03:59 PM   #11

SUN #238
MikeM
I have never been to TopSail but have heard good things about it.

It is about 320 miles from my house to Topsail. I have not traveled that far yet as usually I only have weekends for camping.

It is Northern Florida and it does get cool there in the winter. (for a florida boy)

I wonder how many SE Sunline users we have on the board that would be interested in a rally or get together of some sort.

mike
Old 07-09-2007, 07:17 PM   #12

SUN #176
jnoble
Meet and greet

Located in north Georgia.

I'm a "newbie". Purchased my 2007 T 2075 in Sept 07 just before the shutdown.

Unit was purchased from Scenic Roads RV in TN
Old 07-09-2007, 07:37 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
New Green Acres (800) 474-3450, is a nice place in SC. It's on I-95 at exit 53, so it's 53 miles from the GA state line. I have an Open Roads Singles GTG scheduled for there in March '08.

30 amp full hook up, free WIFI group rate is $19.95 plus tax. Location might be a good consideration, sorta splits the FL/VA travelers mileage.

Just a thought,

Kitty
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:10 PM   #14

SUN #231
Deb B
Hello jnoble,

So glad to see a fellow Georgian. We are from Woodstock and just returned from the Bartow Gatewood Park on Bartow Beach Rd. We also are newbies. We purchased our T2363 in April from Sagon in Jackson, Ga. Hope you are having as much fun with your coach as we are! Hope to see you along the way.

Deb
4x4, 5.7, 3:73 gears
Towing package
Deb B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:33 PM   #15

SUN #328
bugbite
Remember the SC state bird

We TRIED to camp once in SC on Edisto Island. Got out of the truck and we were getting bit by the gigantic SC Bird Mosquitos. Went to a motel post haste. And we were about 50 yds from the beach.

Now one might avoid the mega assault going in March to SC but then it's colder up there than it is on the Gulf Panhandle too.

Just thot I would point that out. Unless you are DIRECTLY on the beach to get the breeze late Spring good luck... see my moniker. Also tried a tad inland at Myrtle Beach and got eaten up also.

FL on the other hand one doesn't have to be right on the beach to avoid as many as possible bugbiters. A much better breeze blowing.

And if you look on the map, for the SE the Florida panhandle isn't that far splitting mileage. We would be just as far going to SC as the easy day drive down to Destin. Atlanta folks a hop skip and a jump. This is one of the few areas you will ever be that has almost all Southern plates! Can't say that about the East Coast right?

There are lots of shortcuts too. We go thru AL to 331. It's 9 hrs but an easy 9 almost all interstate and don't have to go 95 or 75 which are a real set of nightmares.

Check out the pics of Topsail Hill again.

http://community.webshots.com/user/bugbite2007

and the nicest state park anywhere in the US (used to be a fancy private RV park) Has FULL hookups. (water, electric, sewer) and very large lots. Has plenty of pull thrus too.

Topsail Hill Preserve State Park, Santa Rosa Beach (Destin), FL

http://www.floridastateparks.org/top...ll/default.cfm

Full hookup is 38 a nite. Good weekly rate too! Must reserve tho way ahead they stay crammed.

Other people's pics: Note the sugar white sand the east coast doesn't have.

Topsail Hill Preserve State Park Photos

http://www.floridastateparks.org/top...hotos-Park.cfm

http://www.floridastateparks.org/top...otos-Visit.cfm

http://www.floridastateparks.org/top...os-Contest.cfm

Load up your mapquests and scope it out!
Old 07-12-2007, 01:04 PM   #16

SUN #328
bugbite
Florida State Parks & Another great place

All are pet friendly now. Most don't have sewer tho. Topsail does. We also like St. Andrews in Panama Beach but Panama Beach is getting run down and a real circus atmosphere.

http://www.floridastateparks.org/par...es/default.cfm

If you've never been to FL camping you will be amazed! Always go to the West Coast and Panhandle vs. the East Coast if you have a choice. Keys of course fabulous. We camped at a park that was a whole key. Big Pine Key (Sunshine Key)

Go RV on the Go site (Private Park, fabulous sunsets, BIG pool and marina.)

http://www.rvonthego.com/Sunshine-Ke...ina-CL14-8.htm

Sunshine Key RV Resort and Marina
38801 Overseas Hwy
Big Pine Key, Florida 33043
RVontheGO.com
Latitude: 24.665008
Longitude: -81.261712
(800) 852-0348

Hope to get back there someday. Went there early 80s and spent just shy of 2 weeks. Heaven!
Old 07-12-2007, 01:08 PM   #17

SUN #328
bugbite
Best park to stay in at Williamsburg, VA

I would love to camp up there. Been there 2 times in my life. But that was over 20 yrs ago

What is the best park w/ the best pool and large lot size? Preferably on the beach? Rates? URL?

My problem is the other here won't go North but beats it on down to FL when vacation time comes.

BB
Old 07-12-2007, 05:06 PM   #18

SUN #219
What6308
Send a message via AIM to What6308 Send a message via Yahoo to What6308
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyonkitty
New Green Acres (800) 474-3450, is a nice place in SC. It's on I-95 at exit 53, so it's 53 miles from the GA state line. I have an Open Roads Singles GTG scheduled for there in March '08.

30 amp full hook up, free WIFI group rate is $19.95 plus tax. Location might be a good consideration, sorta splits the FL/VA travelers mileage.

Just a thought,

Kitty
Down around Walterboro, SC right?
Old 07-13-2007, 07:34 AM   #19

SUN #238
MikeM
I have found if you search for campgrounds on webshots you will usually find someone who has posted pictures of their visit. Not all of course but it is where I usually look after looking at the campground web site.

I ran across this site one day with pics on Topsail. Definitely nice to see what your reserved site looks like prior to arriving.

http://community.webshots.com/album/550164442DdovJn

mike
Old 07-13-2007, 09:13 AM   #20

SUN #328
bugbite
Ooops wrong cut and paste

Ignore my OTD, CRS!

I had too many windows open and responded to a PM on list!

Note to self: watch what the heck you are doing BB.

-----------

What I meant to post on this thread

I have found if you search for campgrounds on webshots you will usually find someone who has posted pictures of their visit. Not all of course but it is where I usually look after looking at the campground web site.

http://community.webshots.com/album/550164442DdovJn ~ Mike

Everyone go see!

Excellent suggestion to one and all. Pictures on the Net worth a zillion words before making reservations anywhere. Thanks Mike for that tip!

I ran into a photojounalist from Knoxville's Album somewhere... that made some outstanding pics of Topsail Hill. Danged if I can remember where it was... These were professional quality. This is one part of Florida in that park that gives you a glimmer of "old Florida" as does St. Andrews.

However peek outside the park and its new Florida commercial. Abeit big money commercial. New stuff. Every year we go back we are amazed of just how much has gone up from the year before.

The real old Florida can still be seen in the bend of the Panhandle (going east) right on the Gulf (fishing villages and keys) and down part of the West Coast.