Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Owners Meet & Greet
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-13-2007, 10:05 AM   #21

SUN #328
bugbite
If you do ever venture down, over, or up to Topsail...

And you have dawgs (pronounced dowgz) bring them!

This is dog Heaven especially before and after school hits. At least every other campsite no joke has at least one. We picked the one we have had 2 times because of the "real estate" you seldom get in state, fed, or private parks anymore.

I am hoping to make our annual trek the 2nd and 3rd week of May in 08. Hope to meet yall there those who can make it. We have a stupid, tacky spinning sun wheel. Can't miss us. We have 2 very short black children ornerier than mud that adore other doggies.

Honest, it's just not as much fun camping w/o them. We also vacate around them. Won't take my dogs? Welll forget it, we will skip you!

Fortunately all Florida State Parks are pet friendly now. Still can't take them on the beach tho... one can sneak tho I have been told over at Grayton Beach if you wanna let them play in the sand.

Yall from GA take the route thru Columbus, GA. We used to go that way to Panama City. Quicker for us going to Destin thru AL cut off at Montgomery and onto 331.

Lots of short cuts to be had. Atlanta is very close in spitting range. Saw lots of GA peach plates there and all over SEC land plates.

Pray we get that mythical majikal 1950.

No more porta pattys or cold hose showers!

Hope to see yall along the road.

BB

Cool Runnings Silent and Swift
bugbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:54 AM   #22

SUN #328
bugbite
UH OH! Secruts out and SEC Oddball

The secrut is out! Fern plates beware!

Goes over some snake ways to get to Topsail. We go the Montgomery route.

If you do a search w/ these descriptors w/ Google Advanced

Knoxville+Topsail+Hill+Pictures

http://www.google.com/search?as_q=Kn...s=&safe=images

A VOL traitor no less!

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...g/19890009.cfm

RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Best route to Top Sail in FL from NorthTopsail Hill Cult Member Our camping photos ... I would take I75 from Knoxville to Chattanooga, I59 from Chattanooga to Birmingham, I65 from Birmingham to ...
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...g/19890009.cfm

---

To get a sense of SEC Football Fanaticism...

My FIL went to Auburn. Only odd duck out the rest of us went to UT. There is even a town w/ FIL's last name in very South AL ... you know the kind where cousins are very friendly to each other! :P

There are plates down here saying a "mixed marriage" of Alburn/UT and such. Have to be a SEC fan to understand.

Anyone have a huge flat screen TV we all can gather around when any other SEC Team plays FL???

We are going to make a sidetrip to that town for hoots on the way to Ft. Walton Beach first week in Sept. Going condoing rite on the beach. (That is if the hurricanes don't get us)

Another site:

Got All These Buckets Coming Out Of My Ears: Let's hear it for ...Can you get me tickets to the GA-TN game in 2007 at Knoxville? .... Topsail Hill Preserve State Park The unspoiled Emerald Coast of Florida.
http://pinyonpine.blogspot.com/2005/...n-and-sec.html

Anyway check them out... I was looking for the photojournalist site album.

Another dead on indicator it's us... the pewter like big UT front plate on the Tundra.

We may all root against FL Gators [except you Gators] but when it comes to any SEC Team playing outlanders we all unite! I sure miss Spurrier at FL... but we can catch him at SC.

Dawgs we are depending upon yall to beat FL. I have to lookup ... are we down in the swamp? Our team isn't worth doo doo. Got no qtrback. But... as the saying goes.. Just wait til next year!

All SEC fans of course rooting for FL to win the Nat'l Championship last year!

----

You just may recognize a Flickr account...

Cool Runnings Silent and Swift
bugbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:05 PM   #23

SUN #340
Zaphod Beeblebrox
My wife and have always loved Destin but have avoided it this summer because of the road congestion near the beach.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:03 PM   #24

SUN #108
40_Acre_Mule
Another Southeaster...
Pass Christian, Mississippi. Most of our RVing is traveling to shooting competitions. And only for the weekend during the school year. This college professor can't drop his classes and leave. Don't normally head to Florida. Most of the FL competitions are in the winter months. I did live in Fort Walton Beach for 5 years, courtesy of the US Air Force. My mother is from the Tampa Bay area (Brooksville).
Of course, I also have relatives in Georgia and Tennessee. We will probably be headed to a competition near Atlanta, Georgia during Memorial Day weekend next year.
By the way, anything north of Interstate 20 is "Way up north" to us.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:24 PM   #25

SUN #196
tinybluetj
HEY 40_acre! What's up! I wondered what happened to you. You seemed to have dissappeared for a little while! Good to "see" ya!
Old 01-10-2008, 01:18 PM   #26

SUN #108
40_Acre_Mule
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinybluetj
HEY 40_acre! What's up! I wondered what happened to you. You seemed to have dissappeared for a little while! Good to "see" ya!
Well, there was a little storm called Katrina. My job blew away, so I had to find another. The new job frowned on surfing the internet, and my home connection has been screwed up since the storm. So, I went a year without regular internet access.
But, I have another, better job now. And internet access/surfing is a way of life around here.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:01 PM   #27

SUN #408
partimcmpr
Just curious if there is still any interest in a Southeast M&G?

Any thoughts or comments out there?

ParTimCmpr
2006 Sunline T2553 Classic
https://dbmcbride.com/stttv.gif
partimcmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:25 PM   #28

SUN #287
nickster60
I would be interested
nickster60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:01 AM   #29

SUN #108
40_Acre_Mule
Well, it doesn't look like there's a lot of movement for a SE M&G.
Actually, I would probably find it interesting. I wouldn't mind getting a chance to see some of y'all's modifications and upgrades.
The DW and I are so busy, I don't know when we would have a chance. Plus, I'll probably have to talk her in to it. She's not a "forum" person. She's never even been to this one, although I talk about it. She wouldn't feel like she knows y'all at all.
Between work and our shooting competitions, we're always on the go. When I am home, I'm usually cleaning guns from the last match, or loading ammo for the next one. In between, I have to mow and maintain our 40 acres.
On the other hand, since we're so busy, I've been able to justify several new toys for my tractor to play with because they will save me a lot of time.
Still, I'd be interested if it ain't too far away and happens during the summer months.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:09 AM   #30

SUN #108
40_Acre_Mule
Hey, Bugbite,

I just noticed your "VOLS fan" signature.
My sister lives in Farragut next to Knoxville. She just retired from Ball Camp Elementary. She used to have Pat Summitt come talk to her classes.
Her hubby is a UT grad.
They are both major Vols fans. They never miss a home game (football) and my sister tries to see a few Lady Vols basketball games every year.

Congrats to the Lady Vols on their National Championship.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:11 PM   #31

SUN #558
mcsteele
S.E. Sunline Owners

Hi Mike,

We are new sunline owners on the west side of atlanta.

Thanks,

Mike S.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:37 PM   #32

SUN #1632
WandaLust is an unknown quantity at this point
Would love a Sunline rally in the south

Hi! We live about 25 miles southeast of Nashville TN and would love to attend a Sunline ralley and meet other owners. We just got our small old Sunline today and hope to do a lot of camping in it in nearby states. :P
Old 11-05-2008, 07:13 AM   #33

SUN #680
dkasten39828 is an unknown quantity at this point
Add another southeastern Sunline to the list!

We live in south Georgia, about 18 miles or so from the Florida state line.
We work in Tallahassee, Florida.

We've camped in MANY places thru Georgia and north Florida, some of which could host some sort of rally for those who are too far away from Pennsylvania.
5.3 liter V8, 3.73LS, Prodigy, Hensley Arrow
2004 Sunline Solaris SE T-2499 #5527
dkasten39828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:23 PM   #34

SUN #1632
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkasten39828
Add another southeastern Sunline to the list!

We live in south Georgia, about 18 miles or so from the Florida state line.
We work in Tallahassee, Florida.

We've camped in MANY places thru Georgia and north Florida, some of which could host some sort of rally for those who are too far away from Pennsylvania.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why can't a rally be held closer? Or weekend "meetup?" We've very far from the Buttonwood PA site as well. DH tried to call for resavations and got voice mail. No one was there at the phones. Odd for such a large CG. Perhaps a rally or weekend "meetup" somewere in GA or MS for those of us in the south east is in order.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:37 PM   #35

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
The CG may already be closed for the season......cold weather closes most places up in this neck of the woods by mid-October. Hopefully you left a number and they will call back.

Can't help you with planning a M&G down south, but I know that we are traveling about 6 - 7 hours to make the Buttonwood M&G and only 5 minutes to the Adirondack M&G........I know the planning to Adirondack M&G was a group discussion on this forum which has turned into an annual meeting of some of the folks up North!

http://www.buttonwoodcamp.com/reservations.htm here is a link to their reservation page......
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:53 PM   #36

SUN #128
Tweety
There's certainly no reason that someone can't plan a southern meet & greet. It looks like there is a nice sized group down south. Just start a discussion to see if there's interest and plan it! Our first Buttonwood one was only a few Sunlines with no planned activities and it was fantastic! It has grown incredibly in just 2 years.
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:43 AM   #37

SUN #408
partimcmpr
I just started a thread to see if there is any interest for a SE meeting. I hope we can get something together.

Later,
David
2006 Sunline T2553 Classic
https://dbmcbride.com/stttv.gif
partimcmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:04 PM   #38

SUN #620
les01
SE M&G

Hi, I live in southern Va and would be interested in Going to M&G.

Les

T-1700 Solaris
les01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:42 PM   #39

SUN #1632
Re: Southeast US owners out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM
Are there any Southeast US owners out there?

It would be nice to attend a group rally but PA is just too far right now

Maybe when closer to retirement but then I will probably in something else by then.

Real shame about Sunline going under, but it always comes down to the almighty $$$. Typically quality is not as important as price now a days for the normal weekend only camper. Hard to compete sometimes.

mike
This thread is a little old. Has anyone done anything about meeting in the southeast? We're from the Nashville TN area. We'd love to get together, to camp with others within 300 miles of us.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:44 PM   #40

SUN #1632
Quote:
Originally Posted by partimcmpr
I just started a thread to see if there is any interest for a SE meeting. I hope we can get something together.

Later,
David
We will be in Fayetteville GA some time this summer visiting family. Any good CGs in the area?