Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Owners Meet & Greet
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-27-2015, 09:06 PM   #1

SUN #7752
bodine1187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question New Campers Here

Hello All,

My name is Andrew and I recently got a 1997 Sunline Saturn T-24. Taking it out this weekend here in Georgia for the GA BMX State Championships. I really look forward to getting on the road more and more with this beauty! I'll probably be in here often bugging someone for some information because I'm a guy that likes to learn and likes to understand my machinery. First question I have is about my holding tanks. I am going to a no hookup site. Will have a 4200 kw generator with me but don't have any idea what to do about water, and sewage. Can I travel with water in the tank that I fill at the house. It's only a 2.5 hr trip down 90% interstate. Any chemicals I need to pickup for any of the tanks? I appreciate all of the help in advance!

Old 08-27-2015, 10:40 PM   #2

SUN #2366
j52wf is an unknown quantity at this point
You can travel with the water in the tank, but I usually get 4 of the big 5 gallon jugs of water and put it in when I setup camp. Just bring a funnel with flexible neck. Some places, like the Dover racetrack, have a place to get fresh water for free when you arrive. Make sure you have the correct adapter to plug your trailer directly into the generator. Also, I recommend plugging in after generator is running, and unplugging before you turn generator off. Helps prevent voltage fluctuations. Might want to consider a 12 volt fan since there is no AC with gennie off and most places won't let you run gennie at night due to noise and possible CO issues if gennerator is too close to trailer. Have fun. I boondock for 4 days at Dover every year.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:07 PM   #3

SUN #2366
I try to use the porta-johns when dry camping. This way I don't need to find a dump station and my black tank stays clean. If you plan on using toilet, get some tank chemicals and put about 2 gallons of water in black tank to start. Gray tank also. Flush when necessary. Take a body wash instead of a shower and wash dishes efgiciently or use disposables. I made 20 gallons of fresh water last 4 days with some leftover. Side note: Charmin Ultra Soft tested as best RV toilet paper and is a lot better and less expensive than the Thereford RV paper in campstores.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:13 PM   #4

SUN #2366
Just to be clear. When I said flush, I meant the toilet, not the tank. Where are you in Georgia? My nephew lives near Rome, GA.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:20 AM   #5

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
I just read this and hope it is not too late......before you use your fresh water holding tank - "please" make sure you sanitize it.....go to the files folder above and it will tell you how!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1997, saturn, t-24