Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Owners Meet & Greet
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-15-2015, 06:57 AM   #1

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
2016 adirondack m&g

2016 ADIRONDACK MEET & GREET

It is with heavy heart and mixed emotions, that Leo and I have decided that we will not be able to host the Adirondack M&G beginning in 2016!

We took on this assignment 9 years ago and have enjoyed every minute of it. We have made many new friends and continued our friendship with many old friends over the years…….but it is now time to pass the torch to someone else!

With that being said the Adirondack M&G is looking for a new host and possibly a new venue, it does not need to stay at Nick’s Lake …….this is not a hard “job”…… it is just getting to be too much for Leo and I to handle.

We help organize Fire School in Old Forge for our fire department, (we usually get between 250/300 students attending classes, not to mention those who just come to enjoy the Adirondacks – so you can imagine the organization required there); then the ADK M&G the following weekend; we come home on Sunday and two days later we are off on vacation for 2+ weeks till Columbus Day weekend……So with that being said, would anyone like to take on the task of organizing for next year?

I do want to let you know that the WNY M&G in Byron (Rochester area), NY is scheduled for September 23rd & 24th 2016 @ Southwoods RV Park. Hutch has already posted a signup sheet for that weekend. If there is no desire to continue the ADK M&G – we can all meet there instead! It is quite different, as Southwoods is a “full service” campground, which I for one am becoming quite accustomed to!!!!!

So who is ready to take on the task? I will guide you in whatever guidance you may need, I have all the records for the past years which I can forward to you! I just can’t keep everything on my plate anymore!

Thanks all for understanding!

We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 04:52 PM   #2

SUN #3385
steve59 is an unknown quantity at this point
Want to see ADK M&G Continue

We always look forward to the ADK M&G every year. We would hate to see it come to an end. This was the first M&G we attended so we are partial to this one in particular.

If no one else is interested, we would be willing to take this on. We may have to look at another timeframe, like late August, and a possible change of venue to Golden Beach. Steve spent summers at Golden Beach with his family growing up and when he married, he brought his own family to vacation there every year. Golden Beach is a state park and is 20 miles north of Old Forge, just above Racquette Lake, where Sagamore is. It is also dry camping, but that's the adventure of it!

We would need to talk to Tom and Deb so we don't interfere with the New England M&G. But if you all agree, we'd be glad to give it a try.

Steve and Diana

Old 09-15-2015, 05:01 PM   #3

SUN #3385
Golden Beach Campground Virtual Tour
Old 09-15-2015, 06:30 PM   #4

SUN #3259
Mellow Yellow is an unknown quantity at this point
First, many thanks to Leo and Kathy for the many years of hosting the Adirondack Meet and Greet. It was our first Meet and Greet as well and we have enjoyed it so much. Thank you so very much !!

Second, Steve and Diana go for it!! The New England M&G has been fun, we've met new pals, but, in the future, we may keep it to "we're camping here.. c'mon over" type of thing instead of trying to organize a true meet and greet.

We're behind you 100% ! Golden Beach sounds wonderful !!

Deb and Tom
2001 Sunline Solaris T-250 SR

Mellow Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 03:35 PM   #5

SUN #93
I can only tell you that I will support you in the venture!

I'm not falling off the face of the earth.....just taking time to slow down and smell the coffee and enjoy some more camping time!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
Old 09-18-2015, 02:24 PM   #6

SUN #2431
bdichristina is an unknown quantity at this point
Steve and Diana,

Thanks for hosting next year. Late August is so much better for us and Golden Beach looks nice. We love going to Nick's Lake, but we are open to whatever the group decides. We missed you at the WNY Meet & Greet last weekend! Chinese Auction was not the same without you.
2009 Jay Feather Sport 165 - "Little Bird"
Former: '03 Super Duty, '04 Suburban, '84 Sunline T-1750, '99 Sunline T-2553, '04 Terry Quantum AX6,
bdichristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 04:37 PM   #7

SUN #3385
Hi Bobby & Kathy, We just are hoping that the Adk Meet & Greet can be saved.We only offered if no one else wants to step up...We really wanted to go to the WNY Meet & Greet but we ended selling our last property and have been moving the last couple weeks back to Penn Yan....
Old 09-18-2015, 08:01 PM   #8

SUN #93
Well Steve - I guess this will be a discussion at Nick's next weekend.....

We love Golden and August is so much better for us as well!

See ya in a few.......

We loved our 2007 T-2499