Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Sunline Owners Meet & Greet
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #21

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Joan any "good" word on your A/C?????

We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #22

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless campers View Post
We will be unable to bring our Sunline to the M&G again this year because of medical issues . I am unable to get into the bathroom with the walker I'm using and can barely get down the hallway without scraping the walls. Charlie had surgery to repair a hernia yesterday and will be unable to lift more than 10 pounds for the next 6 weeks. Right now, he is moving very slowly and says it feels like he swallowed a porcupine.

We would really like to see everyone and meet the new members who are attending this year.

Maybe we could drive up to visit on Saturday. I could prepare a fruit salad (or something that could be made at home and travel for 2 hours) for the potluck dinner. I have a crock pot with an insulated travel bag to keep it cold/hot.

Would anyone be willing to let us park and set our chairs on their site?
Dona, sorry to hear you won't be able to make it with the trailer again, but I completely understand the situation. I was wondering if you would be able to make it or not, but I wondered if you'd try to go for it closer to time.

Oh yes, you're always welcome to park, etc. at my site!

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #23

SUN #481
clueless campers is an unknown quantity at this point
Joan and Jon,

Thanks! We will try to make the trip up. Charlie will hopefully be feeling better by then. I'll know more as the time gets closer.

Yes, Jon, I would have waited until closer to decide that we couldn't bring the camper if it was just my problems, but the decision was made sooner because of Charlie's limitations. I regrettably had to cancel our trip to Maumee Bay for Memorial Day also.

I started therapy today, but the dr.'s are still unsure what's causing the swelling, drop foot or back pain.

Hoping to see everyone!
clueless campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:58 AM   #24

SUN #1546
apackoftwo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy & Nana View Post
Joan any "good" word on your A/C?????
I am taking it in on the 11th for de-winterized and safely check up and they will test it then. However it won't matter if I can not get the mothball odor out...I can't stand it...I have allergies and its killer on my sinus!

I took her to a Fire/Water Damage Restoration company to run the ozone machine. First time they ran the machine but apparently there were still some moth balls in there that dislodged from their hiding place in transit....odor not nearly as bad but still can smell it

They have run the ozone machine a couple more times and even applied some heat and she said you can STILL smell it!

We are wondering if there can still be some mothballs hiding out? The only other place I could think of is if some "escaped" down the hole for the plumbing in the vanity sink. They are going to check...in the mean time they are running something called a "Shark machine" for vapors...and if that fails....I may have a T-1950 for sale

Joan & Miss Emme Lu Who
Full Timing in T-1950 2005 Anniversary Model
1997 6.5L Chevy Turbo Diesel Truck
"Pure Michigan"
Facebook: Apackof2 for the Rd
apackoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #25

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by apackoftwo View Post
I am taking it in on the 11th for de-winterized and safely check up and they will test it then. However it won't matter if I can not get the mothball odor out...I can't stand it...I have allergies and its killer on my sinus!

I took her to a Fire/Water Damage Restoration company to run the ozone machine. First time they ran the machine but apparently there were still some moth balls in there that dislodged from their hiding place in transit....odor not nearly as bad but still can smell it

They have run the ozone machine a couple more times and even applied some heat and she said you can STILL smell it!

We are wondering if there can still be some mothballs hiding out? The only other place I could think of is if some "escaped" down the hole for the plumbing in the vanity sink. They are going to check...in the mean time they are running something called a "Shark machine" for vapors...and if that fails....I may have a T-1950 for sale
We learned our lesson with moth balls many, many years ago......we now just use fabric softner sheets - just for the sack of a nice clean smell.....good luck and may the odors disappear and never return!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:11 AM   #26

SUN #1635
vanhakke is an unknown quantity at this point
Back on the Road

Hello, Everyone,

After being sidelined by family problems last summer, we are happy to say that those issues are resolved, and we are back on the road!

We had wanted to attend last year's M&G at Hillsdale, but at that time, we were in Arizona. So, we are happy that our first offical trip this year will be to the Hillsdale M&G. We are reserved on site 24, are scheduled in on the 17th, and will stay over until Monday morning. As the logistics of the situation turned out, it was convenient for us if Gateway could store the unit for us, and Michelle agreed to let us set up on the site for a very modest electric fee, so the unit is already at the park, waiting for us.

Marie is eager to contribute to the potluck meals. Do we plan the meals, or do they just "happen"? We'd love to get some guidelines, if there are any.

Looking forward to seeing you all. We're back on the road !

Dennis & Marie
Two cats, Arty and Tobi: The May/December romance.
vanhakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:01 PM   #27

SUN #123
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhakke View Post
Hello, Everyone,

After being sidelined by family problems last summer, we are happy to say that those issues are resolved, and we are back on the road!

We had wanted to attend last year's M&G at Hillsdale, but at that time, we were in Arizona. So, we are happy that our first offical trip this year will be to the Hillsdale M&G. We are reserved on site 24, are scheduled in on the 17th, and will stay over until Monday morning. As the logistics of the situation turned out, it was convenient for us if Gateway could store the unit for us, and Michelle agreed to let us set up on the site for a very modest electric fee, so the unit is already at the park, waiting for us.

Marie is eager to contribute to the potluck meals. Do we plan the meals, or do they just "happen"? We'd love to get some guidelines, if there are any.

Looking forward to seeing you all. We're back on the road !

Dennis & Marie
Hi Dennis,

Great news, glad to hear you can make it! I will be getting my trailer out this coming weekend and bringing it back downstate.

I just set up the potluck signup at the bottom of the first post here, rather than start a second short thread. Typically, we just do our own thing Friday, or whoever is there already just gets together. Saturday night is the organized one. Then many of us get together Sunday morning with leftovers and some sort of breakfast. Baggie omelets go over well because they are quick and easy.

Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Old 05-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #28

SUN #123
To All Attendees:

There's a potluck list at the bottom of the first post. Please let me know what you'd like to bring so I can add it in.

Also, is there an interest in doing baggie omelets on Sunday morning? I know this has been done in the past, but is there an interest this year?

Jon
Old 05-09-2012, 01:44 PM   #29

SUN #1546
POTLUCK FOOD LIST:
Saturday Dinner:
Apackof2 - Fresh Rhubarb Crumble Dessert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan View Post
WHAT: 2012 Sunline Owner's Club Midwest Meet & Greet
WHEN: May 18-20, 2012
WHERE: Gateway Park Campground, 4111 West Hallett Road, Hillsdale, MI, 49242
WHO: You! We'd like to see as many members as possible! Family & friends are also welcome to attend.
WHY: Because you want to meet other Sunline owners who have a common bond as well as learn more about your coach!

Campground Address: 4111 West Hallett Road, Hillsdale, MI, 49242

ATTENDEE LIST:

RESERVATIONS: Contact Michelle or Tim Wilcox at (517) 437-7005. Mention that you are part of the Sunline group. We stay in the pull through sites, though you can reserve a back-in if you wish, but it will be farther away from the rest of the group. PLEASE POST IF YOU'VE MADE A RESERVATION HERE, along with the site number and nights you'll stay, so we can keep track of who is coming and for what days.

RATES: The rates for the pull throughs were $39/night in 2010. Back ins were $35/night in 2010. Rates will probably raise slightly for 2012, so make sure to check the website for the latest rates. There are also electric only (cheaper) sites available, but these are away from the group area as well.

DISCOUNTS: I believe Gateway accepts the usual type of discounts, Good Sam, AAA, etc. Again, check with Gateway for the most up-to-date information.

ONLINE RESERVATIONS: You may make online reservations, but make sure to include that you are part of the Sunline group in the comment section.

MEET & GREET ACTIVITIES: We usually have community pot-luck meals and community campfires together on someone's site. They are rain or shine, because Gateway has an enclose recreation hall available to us in case of bad weather. Otherwise, we have coach tours, maintenance how-to's, emergency repair help, and just general meeting and greeting. The atmosphere is very laid back and enjoyable, so attendees are welcome to do participate in as little or as much as they want.

THE AREA: The area has interesting things to offer. The main draw to the area is the Michigan International Speedway, which is about a half hour away. We chose the weekend here based on it not typically being a race weekend, because getting reservations at the park is difficult then. Other area attractions are the City of Hillsdale, Hillsdale College, and the City of Jonesville. Both cities, especially Hillsdale, contain a lot of history. Both cities contain some good restaurants too.

SHOPPING: There is a Wal-mart about five miles away for all those forgotten items. They also have food there as well. There is a Tractor Supply across the street from that too. It is located just south of Jonesville, between Jonesville and Hillsdale on M-99. From Gateway, take Hallett east to Lake Wilson Road (about 1.1 miles), then turn north on Lake Wilson Road. Take Lake Wilson about 3.5 miles, where it will dead end into a stop light and M-99. Continue across M-99 and into the strip mall parking lot containing Wal-Mart. If Wal-mart doesn't have what you need, the closest big city with the large box stores/malls is probably Jackson, MI, which is about an hour away. Depending on the store, you might find it in Coldwater, MI, which is about a half hour away. There is an RV dealer in Hillsdale if you need a part not available at Wal-mart.

POTLUCK FOOD LIST:
Saturday Dinner:
Fruit Salad- Clueless Campers

Sunday Omelets- BRING INGREDIENTS THAT YOU'D LIKE IN YOUR OMELET
See this link to see how it's done:
http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f9...lets-8941.html

If you have any questions, feel free to contact myself or any of the previous Midwest M&G attendees.

Jon

Joan & Miss Emme Lu Who
"Pure Michigan"
Old 05-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #30

SUN #1546
MothBall Ordor

Seems to be have been replaced with a citrus scent they used in the machine, can't remember the name now but I can tolerate that! So now its on to having her de-winterized (and AC checked) and setting up my little home away from home on wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy & Nana View Post
We learned our lesson with moth balls many, many years ago......we now just use fabric softner sheets - just for the sack of a nice clean smell.....good luck and may the odors disappear and never return!

Joan & Miss Emme Lu Who
"Pure Michigan"
Old 05-10-2012, 05:34 AM   #31

SUN #1635
vanhakke is an unknown quantity at this point
Calico Beans

Hi, Again, Everybody,

Marie would like to offer her very excellant Calico Beans as one main dinner offering for Saturday. For those who like their food spicy, we would recommend bringing along Tabasco Chipolte sauce for a truly spectacular dish. She will also have a goodly supply of cole slaw.

On another note, since we've posted last year, our trailer has undergone repairs to the slide room. Modifications were made to deflect water flung up by the tires away from the slider seal. For those with slide rooms, this modification may be of interest, and tours will be available !

Joan, good to see your trailer won't spend the weekend in the hospital!

See you all there.

Dennis & Marie
Two cats, Arty and Tobi: The May/December romance.
vanhakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #32

SUN #123
I was just thinking last night, for those who haven't been before, we all typically park our vehicles behind the trailers. So pull through the site, unhook, and then go park behind your trailer. This way it looks better in pictures and it's easier to walk between sites.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #33

SUN #849
J&A Lima Oh
We will bring Pizza Pork Chops, for the pot luck Saturday dinner, sorry about taking so long to get back to you.
We will be leaving after the evening meal on Saturday, as we have commitments for Sunday morning.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:08 PM   #34

SUN #2417
camperlloyd is an unknown quantity at this point
what a great time ..

we just have to say thanks to john for all his hard work in planning the midwest m&g we had a ball meeting you all. hope to do it again next year.
Lloyd
Old 05-20-2012, 06:26 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
OK, WHERE are the pictures ????? HUM, no pictures, so did this GTG really take place, we need to see PICTURES !!!!!!!!!

Kitty
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:05 PM   #36

SUN #123
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyonkitty View Post
OK, WHERE are the pictures ????? HUM, no pictures, so did this GTG really take place, we need to see PICTURES !!!!!!!!!

Kitty
Come on Kitty, I texted you and Gary pics this weekend, lol.

I'm unpacked enough now and I'll be going up to take a shower to wash the sewer water off of me. Then I'll work on some pics here. The only bad part about Gateway this weekend were the pollen floating around, the loose Rottweilers, and the barely functioning wifi. I'd be lucky to get a login screen let alone upload any pics.

Thanks everyone for a great weekend!

Jon
Old 05-20-2012, 07:26 PM   #37

SUN #481
Although it was only for a short time, we enjoyed the M&G at Gateway Park and the weather was beautiful this year! We wish we could have taken the Sunline and spent more time with everyone. It was nice to meet the new members who attended this year. Hopefully, we can all get together again next year.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:44 AM   #38

SUN #123
It took me MUCH longer than expected to edit the photos, but here they finally are:

Old 05-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #39

SUN #1546
Big thanks to John for organizing. He did a great job! Beautiful weather, good folks and awesome food! Wonderful shakedown cruise for me and Emme! Here are some pictures I took

Joan & Miss Emme Lu Who
"Pure Michigan"
Old 05-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #40

SUN #481
I didn't take many photos this year, but if you waited for Jon's 100+ photos to load and are still here, I'll share a few. Kitty, you asked for pics - you got 'em!

(first 2) We spotted this along Rt 223 on the way to Hillsdale. Sorry Jon, but it was dark and we took a different route home so didn't get a VIN.

(third picture) Joan's puppy, Emme, loved the attention she got from Charlie and anyone else who gave it to her. She is a very well-behaved 9 month old.

(the last 2) Jon found a way to inspect the roof without a ladder.